Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Monsoon 900 keel ballast

I have just bought an RC sail yacht Monsoon 900; can anyone explain where the bulb with the weight is fitted. I thought it went on the bottom of the keel, but there isn't a hole in the bottom of the keel only the top. Does the keel then fasten throgh the hull and deck. The bolt isn't long enough. Haldf decent instructions anyone.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Monsoon 900 keel ballast

I don't know anything about the Monsoon 900 but take a look at YouTube "Monsoon 900" lots of videos.  Also look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpGPj...eature=related for your answer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thankyou by Yankeepop have got the keel sorted. the u -tube stuff is grat by the way.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

would any one have a wiring diagram for the elctronics for the monsoon 900, mine got full of water in side and now all rusted, need to know of the wiring setup , have no booklet with mine.
    Life is shorter if your wife finds the C/C bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can find everything on Monsoon, Legend, Surmount, Ocean Racer, Phantom on http://www.shipshaperc.com Forum and new April 2011 eBook.. Chockers with info..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The wiring is very easy:
    Ruder to ch 1
    Winch to ch 2
    Battery to any other ch

Let me know if you're refereeing to the sails rigging.
    No crash allowed, keep it flying!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone know a good place to find lead for the keel bulb? Local gun shops want almost $50 for 25lbs. I need less than 3 lbs...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I found a great source. Dive Shops. They sell little bags of lead BBs for ballast. 3 lbs would be $15, but the lady I talked to GAVE me one. It had busted, was leaking, and was just taking up space. Gotta love free.

I have DEFEATED the Keel Bulb Lead! I say defeated, because it's a pain to get those tiny BBs into the 1/2 inch hole in the keel bulb. The trick, as I discovered, is to either find a tiny funnel(which I did not have) or fold a piece of paper into something like a paper airplane. You want a nice fold to steer them at one end, and something like a pocket at the other.(keeps them from falling out the back when you're trying to control the "flow" into the hole) Go slow, too fast and they go everywhere.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi to everyone,
    Just joined the site and it's a good site. I sail models in Largs Scotland. Just sold a 'Fairwind', and looking seriously at the 'Shunbo', RC Yachts.
    Mmmmmmh which one ?
    I note the modifications. I kinda think the guy in Austraila shipshrek ?? or somthing has ideas on keel weight ?
    I like the Phoenix 870 but seems only available in Australia. The surmount 800 has been on backorder at the UK warehouse of Hobbyking rc for a month now.
    I am limited to 14 inches depth max.
    So who can proffer the best yacht out of the flock of rtr models. Built the 'Fyfe' in the picture with no plans. Sails fantastic. But I need a boat to 'Hump', the 'Fairwinds'. in club racing, it is just a fun but hey ho I like to win.
    Answers on a postcard plz to the gobbi desert canoe club LOL joking !!!!!.
    I am also interested in these captive winches on offer anybody got experience of these ?
    Cheers and happy sailing.
    Seanachie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The site is shipshapercdotcom. The Monsoon isthe grandfather of all the Shunbo lineand is the fastest of the Shunbo line but has the cheapest hatch. I just taped mine with electrical tape and it worked perfectly. As for ballast, the dive shop is where you can get the lead weight best from. They come in ganules in bags. The best weight in my opinion is 4lbs with the stock ballast for light and moderate wind. Even better but cost a little bit more is the ETNZ 4 lb cast ballast from tower hobbies. It makes the yatch sail better as it corrects the Center of Effort. The ETNZ by TT is a Shunbo made for Thunder Tiger which is the grandson of the Shunbo boats from HK which is like a Phantom with a different keel fin. You can you replace your Shunbo yatch parts with ETNZ parts from TH should you decide to buy any of the Shunbo boats from HK.

If you ask me I prefer 5 lbs of ballast on an ETNZ model as I also prefer to sail offshore and in heavy wind. My next favorite boat of the Shunbo line would have to be the Sailor.
    I am on the 13th year of my 2nd childhood and I REFUSE TO GROW-UP!

http://www.youtube.com/user/01VIPER27?feature=mhee