Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

1/6 SCALE JETCO PT-19

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

1/6 SCALE JETCO PT-19

Old 01-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Dash7ATP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/6 SCALE JETCO PT-19

A friend was cleaning out his shed in preperation for a move this coming weekend. He called me and asked if I was interested in some of his stuff as he didn't have room for it all. Of course Isaid YES! It appears the best item he let go was the above kit in like new condition other than the outsude if the box. After all, the kit has to be nearly fifty years old. Ibuilt a Jetco F-51H mustang and finished it around 1960, so Iknow this is an old kit.

Has anyone here built one or seen one from that kit? I'm looking hard at making this my next model. It has a 72 inch span and looks about perfect for an OS.46 FS which is now in a 73" spanJ-3 Cub. The kit shows a Torpedo .35 installed. It also shows installation of the escapment radio system that took many heavy batteries. I'm sure the .46 will provide pretty scale power.

Any comments on this model will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dash

Old 01-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Michaelj2k

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 SCALE JETCO PT-19

It's a great flyer, you will certainly enjoy it. There's a LOT of parts so you will spend a lot of time sorting parts and making sure that you have everything. Make the wing one piece as the original has plug in wings and 8 degrees of dihedral for rudder only. Reduce it down to 6 degrees then you can fit ailerons. Also make sure that you have adequate cooling air for the engine. I have one with a ST .60 and have a hard time keeping it cool with the cowling on.