Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Hostetler clipped J-3 cub ??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Hostetler clipped J-3 cub ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 02:51 PM
TimD.
My Feedback: (207)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Hostetler clipped J-3 cub ??

Has anyone built the Hostetler clipped cub 127" ? What did you use for power ? What was finished weight ? Do you have any pictures ?

Tim
Old 02-08-2011, 05:44 PM
d boothe
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hostetler clipped J-3 cub ??

Ha, its funny you posted about Hostetlers 30% cub, i just ordered the plans today for the cub and the taylorcraft and planned on using a DLE 55 i have. Ive got some seasoned contest balsa and with the clipped wing hope to be in the low 20s. It will be my first "plans built" build. I too am in need of a build thread or info. I asked wendell if he new of any recent builds and he did not although he said there has been hundreds built. I plan on the Hazel Sig colors with some modification to update the look a little. Hope we can find some info! Im excited
Old 02-08-2011, 08:06 PM
TimD.
My Feedback: (207)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I built the cessna 421 years ago ,think I was the first to do so. It went togather fine flew it with g-62's. I was just thinking of a 1/3 cub.

Tim
Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM
d boothe
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 421 looks like quite a project! I have researched high and low on the net for info and plans/kits for cubs and super cubs, seems like balsa usa 1/3 or the Bob Neilets is the most popular. 3rd scale is just a little too big for me right now but i love the 30% stuff, seems like a good go between on servos ,hardware, engines and batterys. Hopefully we can get some input on this particular build.