Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Polikarpov I-16 Rata

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Polikarpov I-16 Rata

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 12:44 PM
alienwerx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polikarpov I-16 Rata

Hi everyone
I need a bit of feedback from some knowledgeable types....
I've a set of plans for a Polikarpov I-16 Rata that has been designed for electric, but...
I want to blow them up to a decent size to enable the use of retracts. I am not sure about wheather to keep with electric or go to IC. as I have been given a Webra .91 2 stroke petrol engine that would be ideal after the plans have been modified for stength etc. I may stay with electric as everything I have is electric but its nice to have the option
The thing is I haven't a clue as to the finished wingspan that would give me a lively performance with either Electric or I.C.
Enlarging the plans is not a problem as I work in a printers. but any ideas/ feedback or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
Shaun[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 06-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Nieuport nut
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Polikarpov I-16 Rata

How scale do you want to go?

The Rata U/C is very simple in real life, (lifted by cables) but a pain to do as a model. The gear is a tripod when down but lies flat in the wing.

It has been done - but you are are in for a bit of research.

Good luck, it's a worthy project.

Martin