Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Brian Taylor 68" AT-6

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Brian Taylor 68" AT-6

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 07:25 PM
mugge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brian Taylor 68" AT-6

I recently had the luck to get my hands on the drawings, canopy, cowl and Unitracts u/c for this BT design.

Any of you got some experience building and flying this beauty??

Mugge
Old 11-22-2003, 04:33 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Brian Taylor 68" AT-6

Have never seen one, but if it's like any other kit of the T6 they like to fly a little nose heavy. I do have a couple of other BT plans in my inventory. I haven't started them, but if you watch your wood selection they should build very light and fly very well. You can call Bob Holman and probably get all the templates laser cut. He does a super job and it's well worth it.
Keep the tail light, that's a very short nose.
Can you put a photo of those retracts on this thread? Want to see how they look. Are they mechanical or pneumatic? Let use know how you progress. Good luck & have fun! [&:]
Old 11-22-2003, 10:23 PM
mugge

Default RE: Brian Taylor 68" AT-6

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your kind answer. I will keep your advise on the wood selection in mind. I made a good deal on the T6 together with the BT 69" Mustang, Spitfire mk1 and Hurricane from a hobby dealer, who is shutting down business. All four sets including canopy, cowl and Unitracts retracts. I have only built two other planes from scratc, so I don´t want to screw the three other more complex planes up. Therefore I have decided to start with the T6 because it looks as a good starting point to get to know BT´s way of designing. Although it itches in my fingers to start on the Spitfire

I do not have a digital camera, but as soon as I get my hands on one i will put pictures of the Unitracts retracts on this tread.

The retracts are mechanical and spring damped.

Mugge
Old 07-24-2012, 08:51 PM
OldDC

Default RE: Brian Taylor 68

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5768185

Hi Mugge, see the attached site attached, seems pretty quite but I am building this model myself and are currently up to the painting stage,
I have also posted some pics of so they may give you some idea of how detailed you can go.
From all reports that I have read it is a very good flyer but when building it remember to take every step to keep the tail end light.

Anything I can do to assist in your build just let me know.

Best wishes for now,

OldDC.