I have now got 3 wings, a stab, a pair of elevators and a rudder completed. Ailerons will be next followed by the fuselage. I'm widening the LE and TE to use large Robart point hinges.
I didn't find any W2A ribs in the box or parts list and these need to be cut from the W1A ply ribs. Also the doublers on the top wing trailing edge were not found. I laminated some 3/32" balsa sheet over the TE and cut away the excess.
Balsa USA is now aware of this shortage and subsequent kits will have the manual and parts updated.
I looked ahead to see how the Interplane struts attach to the wings and asked BUSA if their method in the book is strong enough. It's a pair of ply strut fittings that fit on both sides of the struts but the blind nut is in the strut, not the other fitting. I suggested using safety nuts on the bolts to clamp the struts between the fittings. You have to look at the book to understand what I am trying to describe.
BUSA says their way is OK but my way may work too. You just have to keep up with 16 safety nuts and washers rather than rely on a blind nut.
My engine is on the way. Gonna use a Zenoah G-38 (no, not a typo) but attach it to a Toni Clark belt reduction drive that will spin a 32-18 prop at 2800 to 3000 RPM prop speed. Idle should be 700-800 RPM. Also using a Toni Clark canister muffler to keep exhaust noise down under the prop noise.
Here's a video link to the G-38 running, both with a 20-6 prop and the 32-18 prop using the Toni Clark Prop Drive. The first part shows running in the G-38, and further on is the prop drive. The noise you hear is mainly the air being sucked into the carb, not the exhaust!