Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Seagull 1.25 Zero

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Seagull 1.25 Zero

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seagull 1.25 Zero

Has any one else assembled there latest Zero ARF? Was wondering if the C/G location is correct? It will take at about a pound of ballast to balance with the 95 mm C/G location written in the instructions. I know a nose heavy Warbird will fly better (I've been at for years) but it looks to be a bit to far forward.
Mine is about ready to test fly and was hoping someone else had tried this ARF and could let me know how it flew.

Thanks,
Doug D.

This is advertised as the .90 sized Zero that will take up to a 1.25 4 stroke. My bad.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Doug D.

Default RE: Seagull 1.25 Zero

Well guys it has made its' first flights today. I balanced it at 100 mm from the leading edge. After reading into the assembly instructions a little more it states that there is C/G range of plus or minus 10 mm. ( I was going by the pictures, Damm) That's a fairly large range, but at 100 mm the model was comfortable to fly.
Control movements are good for elevator and rudder, ailerons are a bit conservative. The Saito 1.25 gives good speed and climb but don't use the supplied fuel tank with this engine the flight time will be short.
A few tweeks and the Seagull Zero will be a fun one to fly on a regular basis.

Doug D.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Doug D.

Okay guys, If you get this ARF look the retracts over carefully. Mine didn't hold up very long. The cams are made of a cheap plastic and may not hold up well if at all. Mine had a bit of slop in them and wasn't a problem at first, but I was soon having one side collaping on every landing which stripped the gear in the retract servo. Couldn't get replacements as they showed them backordered. Decided to go with electric units. Got them from Wingspan Retracts. More flights as weather permits and will follow up if anyone is interested. The Model does fly really well.

Doug D.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:59 PM
nh4clo4
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you like the wingspan retracts?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:25 PM
A6TEXAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WERE THE STOCK UNITS THE "BLUE" RETRACTS ? THANKS. PICS IF POSSIBLE ?
Old 08-14-2012, 01:55 AM
Doug D.

The stock retracacts were the blue ones and I like the Wingspan retracts a lot. I made 4 flights on the model sunday and the Wingspan units dindn't give me any issues. I had to do some shimming of the mount blocks when installing them because the blocks weren't perfect. Minor issue. I plan on getting some more of these units for a couple other ARF's. They work really good.

Doug D.