Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

RE: 1/6th Scale HE-111

thats what makes it so fun I also have it going on rcuniverse and getting tons of input with pics etc pointing out things and chat back and forth and with as much input as I getting from both places this is going to be the most scale one out there

Scale Model Design And Fabrication Services L.L.C.
    Http://www.proflooney.net

hey Guys thought would update ya so pls bear with me work is busy but I got all i can handle for the rest of this year. Ijust got 2 more contracts in one for a JU-88 Mistel Iwont start the FW-190-8 til after i get the rest of these finished. but Ibeen lofting up the JU-88 this weeke3nd as Ibeen at my sons babysitting so held off on the heinkel Heres a couple screenshots this will be 1/6th scale then Iwill be doing a Beechcraft Kingair U-21 Ute. I have parts of that lofted up. Iwill be heading back on the heinkel later tonight and tomorrow now that I am back home

BTWthe Junkers is an A-4 Model and Ihave as many books on it as Ido the Heinkel along with a huge collection of pictures of one in restoration.

For the kingair am using references given to me by customer who works for a company with 150 of them so has all the docs and stuff to help make this truely scale. It will be electric and is 1/5th scale and will be in the aerial pesticide spraying configuration, however I am a big fan of the military scheme

heya guys well today am working on the DO-335 all day and I set it up if ya want to pop in and see how my cad is going you can just click on this link to watch my screen secure.join.me/559-439-695

hey guys been working on the !!! am getting it all sliced up into parts now. Been working with the stab getting ready for elev then fin and rudder. Still have little things to do but working on the main first. Ihave also added a ton of lightening holes to help make the tail as light as possible.

Here I added The laminated LE it uses a ply core with balsa on top and bottom sanded to shape

Been Working on Making Fuse Formers. Right now it is set up like the original since there is a lot that will be seen due to the big glass nose, however I will adjust after it is all done if necessary.

Got the wooden Shelf Stringers in today have things to do tomorrow so wont get much done but will be working on the small stringers next

Well I checked all my stringers and everything is looking good now to spend a good 20 hrs notching all the parts. figure theres abt 40 parts with 18 stringers but the nice thing is I can do half the stringers and mirror them so i guess I better get started

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"Tho' I've belted you and flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!"

lol well its not all that bad Abu i like to make it sound worse remember there are some parts just bottom or just side or top that may only have 1 stringer or 2 to them but I like the drama it sounds like lol

well got all but 1 former finished then will add stringers. I will be drawing all day and night today again and thought would throw up my join me link in case anyone wants to peek in secure.join.me/108-159-447 For those unfamiliar Join.me is a cool free site which allows you to view my computer screen as Idraw. last time I posted Ihad like 8 ppl watching for over 10 hrs lol but its cool app to use and even has a chat box feature to it.

just finished all the stringers the purple are the ply "shelves" and the green are the reg stringers. Next I will work on inserting the wing and get the center section framed. I want to have it part of the fuse for strength, but I also want to install scale working bomb bays So I may draw them in first so I can figure out the wing mounting.

The reason I use so many little stringers 1 it is scale and 2 it will prevent the fuse from warping while it is planked and sheeted. yes there is still a chance of it happening but the stringers make for a very light fuse as you can do away with more former wood, plus it makes the fuse stronger.

Just For A Visual Here is how Iwill be doing the wing fuse Joint which will be Just Like the Lancaster Here

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

At first I thought that was a FORD F-150! Seriously, I think the idea of having the wing (center section) integral to the fuse is the best way to go.

yea it allows for a hollow center section of the fuse for your bomb bay etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its coming up nicely now

Reuben

Just got back from errands heres todays magic link secure.join.me/988-120-430

hey guys slow day today. spent mostly trying to figure out how I want to frame things and trying to get the scale of the bomb bay correct. so mainly doing some research and math figured out. I also got a rough extrude of the flat box under the fuse for the bomb bay area.

I also went to the luftwaffe resource center looking up ordance dimensions and there is no way they put 500 and thousand pounders internally they are taller than the fuse. I figured the largest they could fit internally would be 250 lbs which come to 10 3/4 inches long. the 500 lber is like 13 7/8 " and the thousand lbs is 18 3/4 ish inches. but i saw in one book it said something abt the bay was set for them to carry 8 thousand lbs. thats totally way off it has to be. the bombs are too big, theres 16 bays in the bomb bay, plus the max load was only 4000 lbs. goes to show you not to believe everything written in a book to verify it first.

ok something isnt right. I have my fuse height and width correct I have checked like a dozen different sources. but the size I got from the luftwaffe site on the 250 lber it just wont fit inside the plane something is off. I may use the dims for the smaller bomb to get one to fit but something isnt correct and I know it isnt with the aircraft.

Now all i see on the 250s is showing them external maybe they were Idont know what the max bomb size was for inside the HE-111 it might have been the 70 lbers

heres info Iget on the 250s

Type: General Purpose
    Over-all Length: 64.5 in. (Stabo: 87 in.)
    Body Length: 47.0 in.
    Body Diameter: 14.5 in.
    Wall Thickness: 0.3 in wall to 2.8 in. at nose
    Tail Width: 20.0 in.
    Tail Length: 25.0 in.
    Filling: 60/40 Amatol, TNT; TNT and wax or woodmeal and aluminum powder and naphthalene and ammonium nitrate.
    Weight Of Filling: 287 lbs.
    Total Weight: 548 lbs.
    Charge/Weight Ratio: 52%
    Fuzing: Series 5, 17 and 50 series. 57 in stabo
    Color: Field grey, sky blue or aluminum over-all. Yellow stripes on the tail.
    Suspension: Suspension is either horizontal or vertical.
    Remarks: The L2 type is sometimes equipped with a spike making it detonate above the ground. Spike is 22.5 inches long and 3 inches in diameter.

everything says the 111 had a tiny bomb bay and i used the dims for a 70 lb bomb and that is a perfect size. So Iam thinking they loaded the 70 lb bombs internally and had the 250 and up externally on the wing

Well Igot the info Ineed for the Bomb Dimensions of the SD70

Todays Magic Numbers secure.join.me/287-701-688

got my bombs made and bomb racks properly scaled just have to adjust a few things

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast