Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: G62 for a 77

Propped right it should do fine. I am flying a 23 lb Scale Davis with a 110" WS on a Quadra 35 this is a HUGE draggy airplane. I have a US 41 on the front of a 80" Zero. I am still ground testing but preliminary tests indicates it will have more than enough thrust. Weather has gone bad here in MI so probably won't maiden until next spring. Good luck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ScottMcM

Never mind....I pulled the sparkplug out, and held it against the engine while I spun it with my starter.....pretty blue spark....I must be living right...the seller said that it needed a new coil. I plan to put it on a test stand tomorrow and see if it runs. Will let you guys know.
    I bought a bunch of coils at a swap meet last year for $2.00 a piece. I was glad I did. I had to replace one on my Davis earlier this season. I also bought a US26 and another US41. The US and Quadra are very similar engines so some parts swap without problems. I still use the mag coils. The extra weight is not a problem and welcomed in the birds I am flying. I have switched though to the solid state coils that way I don't have to mess with the points and condenser. They run great.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

False alarm. I just got in from test running the engine. No problems at all, in fact, it will hand start pretty easily too. When I did use the spring starter, I noticed a grinding sound as I was winding it. It sounded like it was coming from the coil, but it turned out to be from the starter rubbing on a homemade engine mounting plate that the previous owner put on it. As a matter of fact, it runs better than the one that was sold as a good engine....go figure.
    It is better to keep one\'\'s mouth closed, and be thought a fool, than to open it, and remove all doubt.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is a photo of the plane WS is 77". From the front of the cowl to the end of the rudder is 64". Dry weight is 20 lbs. Does it look familiar to anyone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wt59210.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	1819399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sn42446.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	1819400  
    It is better to keep one\'\'s mouth closed, and be thought a fool, than to open it, and remove all doubt.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like an ESM ARF and the 1.8 Moki will fly it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow....never thought it was an ARF. Thanks for the info, though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a moki 180 and it is more than nough power for your plane. Mine ran perfectly on 10% red max. Most people that have had issues dont know how to tune them. Replacing it with a g38 or quadra 41 is a step down in power AND an increase in weight. I have both of those motors too..g62 is pretty heavy for the airframe size so unless there is three lbs of lead on the firewall i would go with a lightweight 50 cc gas motor if you dont want to go with the moki.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The US41 will fit in that cowl nicely and you can patch some of the other holes. Should look nice when you have it in.
    Brian Ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12