Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: THE BEST P-51D

Now Stop that teasing ... Gota have more info on the plane and the Motor ... PLZ ... At least where the Landing Lights come from ... Great for us O'l Gezzers with failing eyes. PLZ tell us more facts ....
    Remember ... Every one of these Things we fly Comes with a Number, When the R/C Gods call that Number, it's going in a Garbage Bag, No Sniveling Allowed.
    P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #24 & #43

Here is more info, do not have much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-b0S...eature=related

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The online Model Aiplane News article reported P-51s were the most popular at Warbirds over Delaware this year. -cause they fly so nice, any size is good, but bigger is better.

Agree with BobH, Aero-tech, is a very nice kit, fiberglass it and add the details and you can make it very realistic. My buddy has owned two, with Da-50s.

I have a top flight kit built with brison 3.2 (52cc). Many others in my club also flying top flight ARFs with gas (45cc to 3w-60s). You can get in the air faster as usually you cover with a iron on material and we then spray paint with rattle cans to a particular scheme.
    These are all mostly 1/5 scale and have 85-88 inch wingspans.
    R, Mike P.
    Flying 1/3 BUSA Pup, 1/4 Proctor N-28, scratch 1/4 D-VII
    Building 1/3 Sopwith Tripehound for the Mid Atlantic Dawn (MAD) Patrol: Oct 1-5
    http://www.flytrc.com
    Spitfire Brotherhood #8
    Balsa USA Brotherhood #44

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mcfast,
    Man that video that you showed has got to be one of the best sounding remotes that I have ever heard. That is absolutely awesome. The only better sounding remote that I have heard was a guy had the OS 4 cylinder in it. The thing sounded like a ferrari in the air. Wish that we could track down what engine was in it.
    Rich Paterra

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You've got to learn to cut through the hype. LOL, no kidding.
    I don\'\'\'\'t always crash, but when I do!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mcfast

You need a motor like the one in this ! best sound ever for a P-51 RC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PnJk...DS7MwlKwn5gaLg
    I AGREE!!! Best P-51 R/C ever, but.... nothing sounds better than the real thing. Years back in the Mojave, Cal, Air Race a guy flew a DC-7 around the pylons. I believe he entered the Unlimited class. Those 4 round engines really sing a beautiful song. I woke up one morning in Yukon Territory, Canada sleeping under the wing of my 1/1 Piper PA-16 to the sound of A-26 fire bombers taking off one after the other. Fantastic, especially when they are only about 75 feet from you. The 5 cylinder radial R/C engines are beautiful sounding for the appropriate plane. wallace.tharp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Speaking of Radials check this Moki 225 5 Cylinder Sounds like a Volks Wagon in Steroids.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FqjWbygAhI
    Remember ... Every one of these Things we fly Comes with a Number, When the R/C Gods call that Number, it's going in a Garbage Bag, No Sniveling Allowed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man if I only had the money to do a project like that sea fury not that I would ever build a sea fury. A P-51D with a miniature 12 cylinder in it would be the real thing
    Rich Paterra

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

check this out..... http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...et=last#399805

for those not members here s the V4 that wll be gong nto a 1/4scale 190d9, called the Phoenx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kh17689.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	1826311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ez82268.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	1826312  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Access Denied
    RCSCALEBUILDER.COM>Access Denied

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You might need to be a member to view the link. I am and had no problems. Fyi it's a V4 nearly completed. Should sound great!

The Mustang in the videos has a Kolm 200 for power. Fastest P-51 in Europe! I spoke with the designer at Toledo last spring. Nice man to talk with.
    BobH.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

U R Right ... Spent 15 minutes filling out the sign up thing and it crapped out ... Ain't got time for all that crap thay can keep their web site ... RCU is bade enough about that crap.
    ORIGINAL: BobH

You might need to be a member to view the link. I am and had no problems. Fyi it's a V4 nearly completed. Should sound great!

The Mustang in the videos has a Kolm 200 for power. Fastest P-51 in Europe! I spoke with the designer at Toledo last spring. Nice man to talk with.

Banned

:-)))))))))))))))))))

Signs of my ageing. I saw galloping ghost, and expected to see the rudder going flop-flop-flop:-)))))))))

Les

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK how about the CARF Models P-51? Has any one have any info on this one?
    Rich Paterra

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

U R Right ... Spent 15 minutes filling out the sign up thing and it crapped out ... Ain't got time for all that crap thay can keep their web site ... RCU is bade enough about that crap.
    ORIGINAL: BobH

Same crap happened to me 15 minutes into the sign up and wammo ... and I have no place to go and the rest of my life to get there but i still don't need anymore frustration in my life. If things don't work the first time I gota really want it to try again. That just me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rpat,

I've seen two of the Hanger 9 60 size planes fly. One with a Saito FG20 gas and another one with a DLE20 gas. The problem with the DLE was the guy had to cut out a major part of the cowl for the muffler. There is also a guy at our club with the Aeroworks P51 with a DLE-55, Robart gear and a Keleo scale exhaust system. Personally, I wouldn't use a DLE for a paper weight, but the plane flew very well and the scale exhaust was AWESOME.

Good luck with your decision.

David
    Fly Safe and Have Fun ! ! !
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #22

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I owned the 60 size H9 for two seasons and had nothing but issues with two different engines in it. One was a TT 91 and the other was an OS 91. Both had fuel problems that I couldnt sort out. They would run on the ground but quit in the air no matter what I did. I increased cooling, changed fuel lines, changed plugs, changed props, adjusted the tank location a little bit, ran 2 and 3 fuel lines, adjusted back pressure, changed fuel, I did everything I could think of and asked others and couldnt solve the riddle why the engines would run hot or rich or whatever, it was a moving target. Never before has one plane given me more engine problems. One day I just handed it over to some guy at the field and said here you go enjoy.
    So for my experience the H9 P-51 does fly very well and lands nice but for some reason I had problems I cant explain. Comes in a little hot, has no flaps, and I added Robostruts and Robo wheels. If you dont have issues with the engine then its a great sport 60 size plane. It dead sticks very well I can tell you that with certainty, I greased more landings with that plane than I care to remember. I suspect the tank position in relation to the carb when mounted inverted is way off which is why I couldnt fix it but who knows.

Just get the Aeroworks and a DLE 55RA and you will be up flying sooner with a more complete P-51 than either the H9 or TF.
    Like a midget in a urinal I knew I had to stay on my toes...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nitro Models P-51 Marie  Saito 125  Keleco Scale Ehaust. Flys and lands great likes to turn left right after take off if you pull it off early, Even with full right rudder. Also have a hanget 9 Blue Nose with a RCGF 20 CC can't even taxi on grass, noses over every time. Have never seen a Blue Nose that flew well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good info guys. That scale exhaust sounds intriguing. I saw one of those exhaust's on a Me 109. It looked very real.
    Rich Paterra

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rpat

Good info guys. That scale exhaust sounds intriguing. I saw one of those exhaust's on a Me 109. It looked very real.
    Expensive but really dresses up an air plane but the P-51 Keleco arn't really scale they are too short, but still good. Bought mine off RCU for about half price new in the box. Really love RCU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12