Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Andy Sheber Pitts s1s

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Andy Sheber Pitts s1s

Old 06-19-2013, 02:19 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Andy Sheber Pitts s1s

Ok boys and girls, here ya go. And a little forewarning, Dan got a little carried away with this one. LOL Just kiddin Dan, nice editing. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcOCj...Cdk2tWRIuT4rgQ

Old 06-19-2013, 02:52 PM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

She looked good in the air.
Looks like it lands about like my Waco. Takes a nice smooth touchdown to keep her from bouncing. Get that exhaust fixed before the big one gets there or you may not get around to it.
Later!!
Anthony
Old 06-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Melchizedek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful Bird, Robert

Thank you for the ride.

Kevin
Old 06-19-2013, 03:32 PM
VincentJ

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Very well done. I enjoyed watching it. Looks good in the sky. [X(]Think you knees are knocking now wait until you build Pitt's #2!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:00 PM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robert......what can I say !!! absolutely stunning job, that twin sounds super sweet and appears to have more than enough...excellent !
Old 06-19-2013, 04:59 PM
acerc

Thank you, Bob, David, Dennis, Anthony, Vincent, Steve, Dan, Kevin, John, and anyone else I may have missed. It has been a pleasure. And I'm sure I'll enjoy it for some time to come.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:57 PM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Awesome and far out man. She is a beaut
Ken
Old 06-19-2013, 06:02 PM
acerc

Ok, after watching the video a few times, and analyzing every aspect of my lackluster flying skills. Holy crap did I land that thing fast or what? I know at the time it seemed fast but holy smoke. Definitely want to get it out again just to get better at it. I would also have to say it is probably the fastest plane I currently have. It was zipping around pretty good. Which makes me feel a lot better about whether or not that CRRC 55cc would be enough. There is one weird aspect though. I had to add a lot of down trim on the ele but looking at it it is perfectly strait. And in case I did not mention it, I had not checked the balance since final mock before covering. I might do that before the weekend as well.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well gosh!  How did I miss this?  I saw it on RCG....

Awesome Dude!  That looks like an very well done scratch build!  Now I really can't wait to watch you build the BIG DADDY!  

(Gee, that sounds familiar....)

I will have my video posted as soon as my "videographer" does a little editing.  My software wouldn't do it.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:29 AM
hrrcflyer

ORIGINAL: VincentJ

.........Think you knees are knocking now wait until you build Pitt's #2!
Geeeeeez VJ, you beat me to it..............................LMAO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! However this raises an interesting question. Are we going to be able to watch your knees shake on your maiden flight ? ? ? ? ? ? ?...........

Hey Robert,
Don't worry about your nervous habits during the maiden flights. The last time I did a maiden, my knees shook so bad, I had to sit down so I could fly the plane and I didn't have nearly the time or the funds you have invested in yours.....LOL. Your Pitts looks AWESOME ! ! ! ! I know your flights will get better and better as time goes along. Thanks for sharing your talents with us and I'm looking forward to watching you progress on your BIG Pitts.

Take care,
David
Old 06-20-2013, 01:21 PM
wayne d
My Feedback: (5)

Great Job Robert on the maiden. Looks like it has plenty of HP. I am planning the maiden for mine this Sunday weather permitting at Ft. Lauderdale.
FYI, for the landing, The full scale Pitts likes a full stall three point landing.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:04 PM
thepamster

Congrats on the completion of your project Robert. Been watching it for several months now. Beautiful plane.
It is better to land too fast than too slow. Lol. I look foward to your next, bigger, build that I will watch from the beginning.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:44 PM
acerc

Thank you Pamster. And thank you Wayne, and yes my thread induced doubt about this engine (power wise) is long gone. More than enough and smooth as silk.  Good luck on your maiden Wayne.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:08 PM
acerc

Well I got two more short flights in this morning. And during the second I figured out why it was not flying like I thought it should. Just not enough aileron throw. After returning home I went back over it and readjusted everything to get more throw in the ailerons and will go out again tomorrow and check it out. In the enclosed vid during the first flight there was no wind. In the second flight the camera man was at the end of the runway and the wind picked up. In my turns at the far end they appear as though I'm not gonna level out and fly down the runway, which is what I was attempting to do, but rather cross the field more. It was at these turns with the wind when it hit me, I don't have enough aileron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfF-Y...Cdk2tWRIuT4rgQ

Old 06-22-2013, 12:32 PM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice Flight Robert,
I went flying today not too far from Dayton at another club and while we were flying they had a crash at the Dayton Airshow. The pilot and the woman wing walker were killed in the crash and they shut the airshow down. I was supposed to go to the airshow but the wife decided against it as it is in the 90's and humid today. Glad we didn't go. Would have been tough explaining the crash to my 5yr old grandson.
Here is a link to the crash at Dayton if interested. [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRZixac9e6I]Dayton Airshow Crash 2013[/link]
Looks like he got the plane too slow before starting his roll.

Later!!
Anthony
Old 06-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Very nice Robert!  I have to remind myself that that is a scratch built plane.  That's awesome dude!  Congratulations again!

Oh, and kudos to your camera man!  Nice video job!  (I've noticed they don't get much mention in these posts.)
Old 06-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Gee Anthony, just saw that video.  That was horrible!  Yes, it's a good thing you didn't go.  That's all I can think to say right now.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:08 AM
wayne d

Hey Robert
The maiden went well. I only shot video of the first flight. Kinda short, but long enough for a shake down.
No video on the second. But funny story. Second flight we were trying to beat the rain long enough to get another shake down flight.............well the winds picked up to a pretty heavy crosswind. as we were on final a big gust came along and picked up the canopy tent and started rolling it towards the runway. As luck would have it the catch fence caught the tent just as the plane touched down.
here is a short 4 min video.
I have to change the incidence of the top wing a little or put a little down thrust in the engine, I'm running to much down trim on the elevators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRf_pcLn_qo
Old 06-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Sweet Wayne.  Hey, doing rolls on the maiden fight, cool!

Hey Robert, did you catch those rolls that he did on his maiden flight???    (Just messin' with ya man!)
Old 06-23-2013, 11:25 AM
stevegauth30

Congrats to you Wayne. Looks sweet.enjoy.Steve.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:31 PM
acerc

Congratulations Wayne. Dino did a nice job and your plane looks great. By way of video our planes look to fly the same, although Dino is a bit better at flying it than I.

I went back out again today and it flew much better with the increased aileron throw. I also learned that when one has a fuel tank that sits cross the fuse don't knife edge further than the fuel line can support. Dead sticked it. But I got in a couple really nice flight's with some rolls, loops, stall turn's, and the one knife edge. Turned the tank around, don't want that happening again.

Again, Congratulation's on a beautiful machine.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:06 PM
wayne d

Bet the dead stick got you attention real quick. Glad you made it back and all is well.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:21 PM
acerc

Ohhhhh........ Just a little bit. And the funny thing is, it was the  best landing I think I will ever have.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:18 PM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Real nice maidens Robert. Wayne. Real nice to see them performing well. Some stick time on them will only make them and you look better.

I have 4 maidens to make. Well actually 4 and 1/2 sort of, as one has a totally deferent design second wing. One is a CL. It will fly fine I am sure but I am not sure that I won't land on my butt trying to go round and round. It has been 30 years since I tried that. And I still got the picture of me on my butt after it just about screwed me into the ground.
Ken
Old 06-24-2013, 04:14 PM
acerc

Thank's Ken. It is a nice flyer once things are set-up correctly. I have added the flying wires, I think they add to the appearance. And I don't think they will add to much drag, maybe be just right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.