Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Kraft Superfli wheel pants

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Kraft Superfli wheel pants

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 05:54 AM
sandi781

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kraft Superfli wheel pants

Hi there, I´ve got a nice Kraft Superfli size .46. It´s got 50" wingspan and weight 3.25kg. It´s got a .52 four stroke magnum and flies very sweet. It does not have pants though and I would like to fit ones so it looks more scale. I´ve been trying to buy pants over the internet but I found it very hard to find pants for sale, with a very limited variety. It seems to me that now everything is parkfly and ep construction in china. Where are the classic rc modelers shop where to buy bit and pieces.
Any suggestion on what pants can I buy to fit this plane and where to buy them? (that looks similar to the original). I know that I won´t find a pant done for the Superfli, but something that get close to it. I was thinking on building myself but I have no experience on fiberglass or epoxy construction and I am afraid I will spoil it all.
Thank you for your help.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:11 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Kraft Superfli wheel pants

There are loads of sources. Tower sells wheel pants separately for their ARFs, and probably most other ARF places do too, like The World Models, which sells all kinds of useful parts.

Parkflyer Plastics is by no means limited to park flyers. They have wheel pants for wheels up to 3 1/2 inches:

http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/in...ort=20a&page=1

Fiberglass sources, SIG and other places have stuff. There are actually more sources for things like this now than there were in "the good old day" (not that I don't miss the good old days!). Between the ARF parts and the cottage industries there's a ton of stuff out there.

Good luck with your search. Sounds like a terrific airplane.

Jim
Old 12-23-2012, 06:28 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to find the shape and size wheel pants you want here:
www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/catalog.htm
One you determine what size and shape you need try the classifieds and/or post a wanted ad there . I've picked up several sets some never used for half the cost of new.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:54 AM
TFF

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8029639/tm.htm this thread has pictures. Looks like Pitts Special standard pants.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:12 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Never put that together before, looks like the cowl and complete landing gear is Pitts.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:12 PM
TFF

I think there is a lot of Pitts in it, as at the time the Pitts was the top and monoplanes were gimmicks. I have been trying to find some build pics for a long time to see how it was made.