Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

fokker EV /D.VIII

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

fokker EV /D.VIII

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:31 AM
capnduane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fokker EV /D.VIII

The 3 views drawn by Ian Stair which are pictured in the Winsock Data file #25 show that the wing tapers down at the top from cabane strut position to the tip. The front view, and both side views support this. The Drew drawings show this also.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:30 AM
TKFOKKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is because it does. The ribs are very thick at center and get smaller towards the tip. The wing slopes down on top and up on bottom. All of Fokkers cantilever wings were very unique in this respect. The triplane was the only one out of the bunch that had the same profile rib. The D-6- D-7 and D-8 had these types of airfoils. And undercambered too boot! Also with a washout.
TK
Old 02-20-2013, 02:16 PM
trysforscale

Hi guys ,

I was searching the internet for more info on the EV / D.VIII and came across Craft Lab . If you havent been there you really need to google them . This site just answered most of the questions I had about the EV wing . Plenty of other plane projects there too .

Guy.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:09 PM
capnduane

Hi Guy, terrific site and lots of good pics. Thanks. Heres a link to this great site. http://www.craftlab.at/index.php?id=17&L=1
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats Koloman Mayrhofer's stuff. He shows his wheres on the Aerodrome site. Practically step by step on the Albatros. None better.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:19 PM
trysforscale

I have a game plan now . The Drews 3 views show the dimensions for the comyns wing just about right . I will have to modify the wing to have the proper taper to the top and bottom , but can use the ribs that came with the short kit . They match my 3 views well . They have a flat bottom , but I belive I can add a bit of undercamber to them .I went to the local art store and found a small roll of drawing paper and I'm going to draw a new fusalage to scale per the drews 3 views .

One thing I could use some help with . For all the information and pics I can find of the landing gear struts and wing struts , I haven't found any reference to there sizes . I want to cut some rollers and see if I can roll some airfoiled tubing like Achim showes , but I haven't a clue what the cross section sizes should be for 1/4 scale . Can anyone help me out ?

Guy.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 AM
WinterHawke

Guy,

Just saw on his website that Glenn Torrance is planning on having his streamlined tubing again for the Fokker series:

www.flygtm.com

You might try contacting him.

Best regards,

Lee McD
Old 02-28-2013, 11:28 AM
wphilb
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with the GTM stuff! It's great material, we use it with music wire ends JB welded into the ends with cotton balls to prevent filling the whole shaft, then you can file ans sand and prime for great results.

Whit
Old 02-28-2013, 04:16 PM
trysforscale

Hi Guys ,
Thanks for the heads up on Glenns strut material . I've read all the threads on his planes and have seen how easy it is to get a really good looking part with J&B weld . I'll send him an E-Mail and see about getting on a waiting list .

Guy.