Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Top Gun

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 03:44 PM
BullardRM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Gun

Recenty there were several reviews and pictures of the Top Gun event in Lakeland Florida. Truly beautiful planes and skilled pilots. In reviewing the web sit it becomes very clear that this is an invitational event and only the best would be selected. Does anyone know how they are selcted and what the criteria is ?
Old 05-13-2013, 04:31 PM
N11
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Gun

Here`s a old link (2010) by Frank Tiano stating some criteria to get into Top Gun - [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9081526/anchors_9081526/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9081526[/link] . If they had entered a few Scale events and understand the way a Scale contest operates static points (documentation) + flying points (maneuvers) You then can contact Frank about your accomplishments (placed in the events) plus also if you have flown with any Top Gun contestants in such event that pilot can put a good word in for you too.

Jim
Old 05-13-2013, 05:43 PM
BullardRM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 06:44 AM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also the top 5 in every class are automatically invited back the following year. Frank also automatically invites the top 5 from every class in the Scale Masters and AMA Nationals to come to Top Gun the following year.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:32 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

I love Top Gun I have found several good scale projects from Top Gun competions. I currently have a project waiting to start of a Globe Swift. It is the sister design to the Corvis Miller that won several Top Gun awards.