Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 11:01 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well guys, as much as I hate to leave with Jacquie being here I do have to. I have to head to the property for a day of yard work tomorrow.
Again, thank you Jacquie. I look forward to meeting in person.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:37 AM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
I just had a thought, think about this guys. I can put Jacquie on a buddy box, if she is willing of course.
Jacquie, a buddy box is a second transmitter connected via a cord that allows a second person to fly the aircraft while the first has can take and relinquish control in flight.
That is an excellent idea Ace! Jacquie, take him up on it, there's really no chance of you doing anything bad. I would do the same if he would let me.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:47 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

I think it would be a great idea too!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:51 AM
jacquieb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Robert that would be awesome but I'd have to be in Tampa to do that. Will see if I can make that happen. What if I start tumbling the plane and we can't stop it????? Scary thought!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:52 AM
jacquieb

Don't be so sure of that! I tend to not fly so straight and level!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 12:49 PM
EJWash1
My Feedback: (3)

Robert,

I just watched the maiden video. Congrats, man!

The sound of that engine is such an enjoyable part of the watching it fly!

Job well done, sir!
Old 05-27-2015, 01:38 PM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jacquieb
Robert that would be awesome but I'd have to be in Tampa to do that. Will see if I can make that happen. What if I start tumbling the plane and we can't stop it????? Scary thought!!!

Well She would be right in her element if she started tumbling ... but not to worry Jacquie, the whole idea behind the buddy box is Robert can take over at any instant... its hard to fly one of these into the ground... its when electronics, batteries, and control servos give trouble is when things can go horribly wrong (its part of the hobby)... but Robert being the professional he is, his pre & post flight inspections, and his meticulous maintenance regiment, its unlikely to happen.

I think you'll be hooked once you get the feel of a flying RC aircraft... I hope you and Robert can make it happen, I would luv to see (with plenty of videos) your reaction being by Roberts side flying such a historic project together.. great stuff!!

John M,

Last edited by John_M_; 05-27-2015 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-27-2015, 02:27 PM
jacquieb

I will do my best to fly some shows in Florida next year and make it over for sure. It would be fun to fly her again. And I promise to be good!!! Would love to have that video. Thanks much.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:08 PM
acerc

I have been talking with the wife about making a Texas run in July, uh hmmm, someone is scheduled to be there for a show... I could find a local club willing to let us play.
So far in my travels I have never been refused the ability to fly at a club. The most fun I have ever had flying was on a mountain top where on take off one could nose dive a thousand feet or more before pulling up. The first time going over gave me the willies.

And as others have stated Jacquie, you would not hurt the plane. All I have to do is release the switch I am holding and fly it back to a normal attitude, then give it back to you.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:59 PM
John_M_

That sounds like an interesting Airport you were at... out here in California, we have a hang gliding club in the city of Sylmar... they fly off of Kagel Mountain... if you ever get into RC slope soaring, thats one of the best places to fly out here; lift all day long, and sometime more than you need... I haven't been up there in a while, but have several glider / slope planes, ridge rat, Mini I, Lance, ninja, wonderer, gentle lady... that was a great pastime of mine until my vision got the best of me; now its got to be big or I'll loose sight of it.

John M,

Last edited by John_M_; 05-27-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:06 PM
jacquieb

Robert that sounds like a great idea. If you can make it of course. It's a long drive and I would suggest your bring your wife with you for a little fun too. Make it a mine-vacation. I would love to fly it with you! Just let me know. My show is a Friday night and Saturday only. We can have all day Sunday to play if that works out. Have to head to Dallas then to get home.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:13 PM
acerc

Jacquie, was it you that told me that one of the pitch arms gave way and that was the cause of the crash?
Old 05-27-2015, 07:16 PM
acerc

Robert that sounds like a great idea. If you can make it of course. It's a long drive and I would suggest your bring your wife with you for a little fun too. Make it a mine-vacation. I would love to fly it with you! Just let me know. My show is a Friday night and Saturday only. We can have all day Sunday to play if that works out. Have to head to Dallas then to get home.
I don't go anywhere without the wife, well, other than the flying field that is. We can't say for sure until we get back home but will let you know when I know.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:08 AM
jacquieb

No I did not tell you that. The front crankshaft seal came out and all the engine oil escaped over the top of the cowl and covered my windscreen completely. Blades went flat and I was crashing about 15 seconds later.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:18 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

No I did not tell you that. The front crankshaft seal came out and all the engine oil escaped over the top of the cowl and covered my windscreen completely. Blades went flat and I was crashing about 15 seconds later.
That would do it, at least you walked away from that one!
Old 05-28-2015, 08:20 AM
jacquieb

Yes I did. It's called flying the airplane all the way to the ground!
Old 05-28-2015, 09:04 AM
Melchizedek

God was watching over you
All praises to him.

Also you are a very gracious person Jacquie.
We have all been blessed via you via Robert

All the best to you

Kevin
Old 05-28-2015, 09:42 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow this is like Vinny's Ryan thread, I feel another group hug coming on. Come on now, every one close in now. Robert you are an inspiration to all of us wanna be builders, and I hope you make a trip to Joe Nall with this beauty because I have no doubt you will win the best in show award, and would not be surprised to see you get invited to do a noon time demo. I plan on being there for my 60th birthday,it really is an amazing event. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!
Old 05-28-2015, 11:30 AM
John_M_

Yes I did. It's called flying the airplane all the way to the ground!

That's got to be a scary feeling when something like that happens suddenly, especially not being able to see out the canopy... all your skills and training kicked in; you did an amazing job bringing her down that's for sure.

John M,
Old 05-28-2015, 12:23 PM
acerc

I must have gotten another plane mixed in in my mind. When one has been building as long as I have some things tend to run together. Especially when considering this is my fifth Pitts, three of the last four years, no excuse just saying.I try to make notes but not always possible or I forget to.

Last edited by acerc; 05-28-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:06 PM
squirrly

Hi Jacquie, welcome aboard. Nice to see you here and I hope you enjoy hanging out with us. Robert has definitely built a one of a kind Pitts that I'm sure brings back many good memories. I have two girls eleven and thirteen. I always tell them that they can do anything they set their mind to and you're proof!! Thanks!! If you ever plan to fly in the Southern California area please let me know. The girls really enjoy the Air Shows and hopefully we could meet you.

God Bless,
Jeff Garrett and family.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:23 PM
acerc

Tomorrow is looking good, all systems are go. I have a 1lb weight ready to be installed on the nose and the videographer said he will be there. So hopefully this time tomorrow I will have a better idea of how much I need to move forward and a much better video of the Eagle flying.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:03 PM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi Robert. Great job, and a good job handling a tail heavy Pitts.
I followed your Andy Sheber Pitts s1s. Since this is your fifth Pitts there must be 3 other Pitts before that. Just curious as to what they were.
So at this point we can say you are the Pitts

Ken Pitts
Old 05-28-2015, 06:44 PM
squirrly

Sounds great Robert!! No need for good luck anymore...dial it in and have some fun. Don't forget to use some smoke. Looking forward to the video. Yaaahoooooo!!!

Jeff
Old 05-28-2015, 10:37 PM
John_M_

Have fun Ace.... if you're running with telemetry, I would be interested in the airspeed readings... the penetration driven by that 50lb's should be impressive.

John M,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.