Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 04:35 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Paul, Leroy, flyer, Vincent and Steve. I do prefer to do it right as much as I can. But sometimes things dictate elsewise. I am at the property, they turned on the internet service so I can partake after the long days of work. Things up here has taken a turn for the (get it done) syndrome. I am not going to say for sure right now but the Pitts may be put on hold. The wife has finally decided she would like to move here so I have to take advantage of the opportunity while the window is open.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:56 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are other things in life, besides our hobby. A new (different) place to live, is certainly something to get excited about.

Those of us who are retired, have worked hard to be able to do so. We should be able to live where we like, and do the things we like. Go for it, if the chance has presented itself. I know that I sure would be tempted.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:41 PM
acerc

We have had the property for some time but she was not sure she would like to live here until just recently. It's several acres with a MH in the middle of nowhere and we have talked about it for a bit. She said she has finally had enough of the over population where we currently preside, which is also where we grew up, married, and raised our family. I think she was afraid of the change but having her up here so often for weekends she has came to enjoy the nothing. And by the way, yes there is a runway in the pasture. Hee-hee!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Melchizedek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you can build a shop with a house addition.
Kevin
Old 04-05-2014, 06:45 PM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Robert how far is your property from where you live now?

Ken
Old 04-05-2014, 06:49 PM
acerc

At this point in life screw the house. I will still have the one currently in, two sons will still live there, and another which a third son lives in. I can manage in the MH just fine and all being paid for makes for nice living.
Please don't take any of the afore mentioned as I am rolling in doe, just been very blessed. And building a house would just be a waste, especially if the wife decides she don't like it here in a year or two.

Last edited by acerc; 04-05-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:47 PM
HOT COALS

ROBERT, I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR THREAD FROM DAY ONE. AND HAVE ENJOYED THE BUILD & COMMENTS FROM EVERY ONE. BUT I COUDN'T HELP LAUGHFIN ABOUT THE MISSES SAYING OVER POPULATION . I MOVED FROM N.J. TO TEXAS OVER 40Yrs AGO. HAVE A NICE LITTLE SPREAD OF LAND. NOWN WITH A NEW EXPESSWAY COMMING 1 1/2 Mi FROM THE HOUSE . DON'T NEED TO TELL YOU , WHAT HAPPINS THEN. ( MORE PEOPLE, ). OH !!! MAKE SURE YOUR LITTLE FLYING FIELD IS NOT NEAR A AIRPORT. I HAVE STUDENT PILOTS DOING TOUCH & GOES ON MY LITTLE RUNWAY. AND REALY GETS MY COWS UPSET . HANK
Old 04-06-2014, 03:22 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I moved from the "city" to an area of lower population. I tried the remote thing, and found that I didn't really care for it. I found a happy compromise, by living in a small town with larger city conveniences.

You are wise not to invest in building a house, at least initially. You really don't know what living in an area is like, until you really live there. Visiting just isn't the same.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:00 AM
stevegauth30

I must have missed something. where is it your talking about? I say you busted your butt your whole life for just this kind of thing. go for it, live it up, you deserve to be happy and enjoy what you worked for. well all still be here if you do take a break. you ain't loosing us that easy.lol.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:19 PM
acerc

The area we live and grew up in had so few people we literally knew everyone by name. Over the last 10-15 years developers have built subdivisions all around but the road we live on and even it has several newer homes with occupants that are too busy to know you. Me and the wife like the solitude of few neighbors and it also lends to being more friendly. The property I am working on is in the country with few people and in the last few months of working on it we already know everyone by name. Even the feed and farm supply is on a first name basis. Here people stop and wait for a response when asked "How are you". I love it.
The property I am speaking of is about 80 miles north of where I live. My pasture is surrounded, on 3 sides, by pasture and when I go fly it could easily turn into a neighborhood BBQ of maybe al 20 neighbors within a mile.

Last edited by acerc; 04-06-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:37 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

" maybe al 20 neighbors within a mile."

I have to smile. My oldest son went through that when he built his house. Within 5 years, he could hardly turn around, things had built up so much around him.

Les
Old 04-07-2014, 07:21 AM
stevegauth30

where I came up there was five houses in maybe 25 sq. miles. all orchards and farms, now, over 500 houses. where are our grandkids grandkids gonna go? up?
Old 04-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

I grew up in the 'inner city' and recognized it as a not so good place. When my wife decided to have kids, I looked around my better neighborhood and realized that there was a guy indicted for murder 2 houses down to the left and a known drug dealer 3 houses to the right. So we moved out of the city to a small town and built on acerage. The nearest neighbor was almost 1/2 mile away and we went without any window coverings for about 8 months. Now I have too many neighbors and 2 of them within 300 feet, one nice and the other not.

Thank goodness the block is effectively built out so there will not be more of the "special" folks like one of my neighbors. Fool called the cops on me for his pet ordinance violation! Even went to city hall to raise hell about it. The only good thing I can say about that bunch is that they do not interfere with my modeling, just my peace of mind. That gives me another reason to have fun modeling and let it be known.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:23 AM
WI53072

Originally Posted by Jim Branaum
I grew up in the 'inner city' and recognized it as a not so good place. When my wife decided to have kids, I looked around my better neighborhood and realized that there was a guy indicted for murder 2 houses down to the left and a known drug dealer 3 houses to the right. So we moved out of the city to a small town and built on acerage. The nearest neighbor was almost 1/2 mile away and we went without any window coverings for about 8 months. Now I have too many neighbors and 2 of them within 300 feet, one nice and the other not.

Thank goodness the block is effectively built out so there will not be more of the "special" folks like one of my neighbors. Fool called the cops on me for his pet ordinance violation! Even went to city hall to raise hell about it. The only good thing I can say about that bunch is that they do not interfere with my modeling, just my peace of mind. That gives me another reason to have fun modeling and let it be known.
So it is written, so it will be!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:31 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Reminds me of Mesa AZ when my in-laws moved there. When they bought their house the addition was surround by a brick fence with orange groves as far as the eye could see. All the houses were several blocks deep and wrapped around a golf course with a club house and some common building. It was really nice then not too many years later the orange groves were replaced with houses! YUK!
Old 04-07-2014, 03:19 PM
acerc

Well, I am back home for a couple days. Have a few things here that needs tending to. Needless to say the Pitts is looking like it may pretty much be on hold for the summer. Although I would not mind getting the last few side items wrapped up such as the canopy. And I would prefer to get the prep coats on to protect the covering before it gets mothballed.I am really looking forward to getting the property livable and my shop built. If all works out as planned the shops back door will exit to the runway, woo-hoo.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:25 PM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
If all works out as planned the shops back door will exit to the runway, woo-hoo.
NOW that sounds like a plan man. OH yeah I could dig that.

The plane can wait. We will be here. Post on your big important stuff And your shop.

Ken
Old 04-07-2014, 04:19 PM
stevegauth30

Like ken said, we ain't going anywhere. Glad to hear your making the move. The personal runway sounds quite attractive.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:45 PM
acerc

Thanks guys and I will indeed love having a runway right out the door. This past trip I stripped the bathrooms, kitchen, all flooring, as well as ran all new plumbing.
LOL! The rest of the paint arrives Wednesday. On the bright side I will have a great place to paint after I am done.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Melchizedek

Happy for you Robert

Sounds like the modelers Dream Home.
Extra Special since it was the Mrs. idea.

Kevin
Old 04-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm... your own personal runway, eh? Wouldn't that get kind of lonely though? You being the only one out there, no other modelers to talk to, no one to see your creations fly? Just sayin'.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:18 PM
WI53072

Sounds ideal. Taxi out of the shop, check for clearance and go. What could be worse! No travel to and from clubs, no club politics, no arguments over petty issues...spousal support of the endeavor....Sounds great!

Paul
Old 04-08-2014, 04:10 AM
acerc

There is a local field of which I will join to socialize with like minded. But it will be nice to not have to load up when doing maintenance or a maiden or just don't want to drive, just fly.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:30 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
If all works out as planned the shops back door will exit to the runway, woo-hoo.
You can't see it but there isn't a flier in this thread that isn't green with envy! If you take the summer off from the Pitts I might catch up to you with my 182 build! (Yeah, right, anyone want to buy a bridge?)
Old 04-08-2014, 05:39 AM
VincentJ

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

I can see Robert now, sitting at his new kitchen table looking out of his large new picture window in the comfort of a/c. Box in hand he is taxing out to the runway, he pauses, takes a sip of coffee, then he gently advances the throttle forward...LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.