Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know, I bet a lot more people get killed by people who drink over people who smoke! (Just had to say that. ) I say GO FOR IT! (Man I could use a good cold one right about now.)

Just one thing to think about. What about that nice lady you talked to about her plane? Didn't you tell her you wanted her...... paint scheme? Just sayin', that's all.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:31 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm both; smoker and ex-smoker (just had to say that) & I'm kool with it
Old 07-04-2014, 06:10 AM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Paint it like you like Robert. It would take a narrow mind to take offense. There are some paint schemes I would not do, but that is just me personally.

To many people choose to take offense, about things that should not be offensive.

Ken
Old 07-04-2014, 06:18 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Question!!

Does anyone know where I can get a 4-3/4" spinner?
Never mind, I have already been shown the light.

Last edited by acerc; 07-04-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:38 AM
acerc

The bottom wing halves are covered.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	378.6 KB
ID:	2011623  
Old 07-05-2014, 02:51 AM
VincentJ

Received 118 Likes on 107 Posts

Robert, any paint scheme is good as long as YOU like it... Great job on the covering once again!
Old 07-06-2014, 08:37 AM
acerc

Thank's guy's. Yesterday I went to see the paint work going on to a fellow club members Waco and it is looking gorgeous. Kind of set me back to doing the Eagle. As much as I would like to see this one done, I guess (I know) I would not be happy in the end with the Marlboro scheme. I did all the Eagle detail's, I have the paint, so I will take my time and do it right. It will be done when it is done.

The top wing is covered.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	2012105  
Old 07-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Cub Flyer Fresno

YEEEEEE-HAAAA! I like that eagle scheme better. But that's just me. Plus it's less controversial. LOL!
Old 07-06-2014, 09:00 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Ok here we go with an opinion of a non smoker whom has 5 children that he hopes to hell will never develop the habit. Just to make things clear, I personally think smoking is one of the most foolish things humanity has ever come up with. I see people throwing lit cigarettes from their cars like it's no big deal. In my home town I can't find a single 10 ft stretch of road anywhere without cigarette butts. My latest issue is the we live in an upstairs condo and one of my downstairs neighbors wants to sit at the bottom of the stairs and smoke. It comes right into our condo and at times when we are trying to enjoy a meal. That being said, everyone has the right to live their life the way they seem fit, if that's what you want to do then more power to you, but please not at any one else's expense. I'm sure that my occasional painting of model airplanes is offensive to some of the neighbors as well.

So back to the paint scheme, Robert, I say don't worry about the PC aspects of it. If kids are going to pick up the habit it's not going to be because of your airplane. It would be a very bright scheme as the red is more like an orangish red. The GP street bikes that were sponsored by them were very striking and easy to see on the track. I don't recall reading about it in the thread up till now but if you decide to do that scheme then obviously you HAVE to install a smoke system. LOL
Old 07-06-2014, 09:20 AM
acerc

Speed, smoke goes without saying. A Pitts without smoke is like bacon made from turkey, just don't make sense. The only reason I had pause with the Marlboro before was a few contest officials told me it may not be allowed, did not ask as to why.
Now, I respect your view and appreciate it as well in regards to smoking. I don't smoke around people, I always have a soda can in the truck for butts, and if I lived in a condo I would go else where to light up (although I could not live in a condo), never even smoked in the restaurants when it was legal. Even though I have a right to smoke it does not give me the to right affect others. Most people miss that part of having a right.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Melchizedek

The Eagle has Landed.
Right on !!!

Kevin
Old 07-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Hey! What have you got against turkey bacon!!! You wanna fight??? You got one buddy! NOT!!! Couldn't help myself.

I know the feeling of getting smoked out. My wife and I did a little "get-away" in a really nice hotel. I made sure we had a non-smoking room, paid for it with my reward points. But the people in the room below us were smoking up a storm, and that came through the ventilation system right into our room. Totally spoiled the mood. I appreciate people like Robert who do there best not to bother other people with there smoke. I have no problem with them smoking at all, it is a free country after all. Now, for those people in the lower condo, why don't you invite yourself over to dinner and fart during their meal? Just an idea. LOL!

Okay, back to the Eagle!
Old 07-06-2014, 10:02 AM
acerc

Rudder is done, no pic.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:24 AM
flyingagin

Originally Posted by acerc
I don't smoke around people, I always have a soda can in the truck for butts, and if I lived in a condo I would go else where to light up (although I could not live in a condo), never even smoked in the restaurants when it was legal. Even though I have a right to smoke it does not give me the to right affect others. Most people miss that part of having a right.
Very well said Robert, Very well said.
And as far as PC, well the only place for that, well nough said. And whoopi back to the really great paint scheme.

Ken
Old 07-06-2014, 10:32 AM
stevegauth30

I, for one, am happy to see the eagle alive and kickin. I like that, " it's like bacon made of turkey." That's a good one.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:08 AM
acerc

Got one of the ailerons covered but that is about all the standing my back is gonna let me have. I'm off to the recliner for a bit, we'll see how it goes.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:14 AM
flyingagin

Man I understand that one Robert.
That is what I have to do. Mine is a used recliner and when it wears out I will get another one.
Ken
Old 07-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

While there is NOTHING wrong with turkey bacon, I am glad you are back to the paint job selected. I absolutely refuse to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into any conversation about smoking. I think those conversations suck because entirely too many people are sure they are better than others and that is where they START the conversation rather than rationally.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:04 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by Jim Branaum
While there is NOTHING wrong with turkey bacon, I am glad you are back to the paint job selected. I absolutely refuse to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into any conversation about smoking. I think those conversations suck because entirely too many people are sure they are better than others and that is where they START the conversation rather than rationally.
From a smoker I can honestly say there is no rational for smoking. It is a drug, I am addicted, and I don't see me quitting any time soon.
Now, the turkey bacon is a totally different subject. There is no rational reason for such an abomination. LOL!!!!
Old 07-06-2014, 12:33 PM
R/C Art
My Feedback: (38)

Here is my take on the subject, Robert. We as modelers can pretty much accomplish most anything we put our minds to - if we want something, we go after it and it gets done. We can apply that same mindset to smoking, too. If we want to smoke - we smoke........and if we want to be a non-smoke, we can be that also.

Achieving something which is positive is very much possible whereas giving up something we want is difficult. Choose to be a non smoker! We will support your efforts with this endeavor, just as we support you in your choice of color scheme.

(ok, I'm off my soapbox now.....)

Cheers,
Art
Old 07-06-2014, 12:39 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by R/C Art
Here is my take on the subject, Robert. We as modelers can pretty much accomplish most anything we put our minds to - if we want something, we go after it and it gets done. We can apply that same mindset to smoking, too. If we want to smoke - we smoke........and if we want to be a non-smoke, we can be that also.

Achieving something which is positive is very much possible whereas giving up something we want is difficult. Choose to be a non smoker! We will support your efforts with this endeavor, just as we support you in your choice of color scheme.

(ok, I'm off my soapbox now.....)

Cheers,
Art
I guess therein lies the real problem, I like it.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:35 PM
acerc

Well, by 3:30 the vicotin was taking effect, by 4:30 the buzzed feeling was leaving so I commenced to cover the other three ailerons. And they are done. Tomorrow I just may get the fuse covered.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Melchizedek

Robert, do you think it will be long before you get to paint ?

Also would you do lot's a pics with your painting process?
I would like to see how a complex paint scheme comes together

Kevin
Old 07-06-2014, 05:28 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by Melchizedek
Robert, do you think it will be long before you get to paint ?

Also would you do lot's a pics with your painting process?
I would like to see how a complex paint scheme comes together

Kevin
LOL!! Your joking right, I've been watching your build. You don't appear to be in need of much.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by acerc
From a smoker I can honestly say there is no rational for smoking. It is a drug, I am addicted, and I don't see me quitting any time soon.
Now, the turkey bacon is a totally different subject. There is no rational reason for such an abomination. LOL!!!!
I do not disagree. I quite 5 or 6 times and spent several hundred dollars taking this or that course, system, or whatever but was unable to quit. When I decided to quit, it happened 15 years ago. Cold turkey with no 'help'. Hardest thing I have ever done. Even harder than trading kill shots with Charlie and crowd. So I understand, appreciate, commiserate, and simply hope you can deal with it or its consequences. End. No judgment, no evaluations, no warnings, no threats, and no hard time. It is YOUR monkey to tame sir. If you want I will share in private this and that trick that may help you down that road, but YOU have to ASK for that.

Now as for the turkey bacon, I like the real stuff but once in a while the kids/wife get this "health kick" idea and I tolerate it. A lot easier to eat 1/2 lb at a sitting than you think. ROFLOL! Gets them every single time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.