Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:24 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevegauth30
And you replied?
Cancel the order, I don't currently need it and have much more important things to spend the money on.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:39 PM
acerc

The tail feather's have been set to their endpoints, ele 25°, rud 30°, and the dual rates have been set as well.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:46 PM
IFLYRC-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What a work of "Art". Very nice! Have I missed the picture where it is fully assembled in final trim?
Old 08-27-2014, 04:22 PM
stevegauth30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't miss a thing. Were all still eagerly awaiting those pics.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:30 PM
acerc

It has not had the wings on yet. Just getting the fuse finished up first then the wings will come, but not until it has ran around the yard. One more run on the engine, then install the engine, run around the yard and see what shakes loose, if all's well then stick the wing's on.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:31 PM
acerc

Oh, and then build a transport stand and then, take it to the field.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:30 PM
CafeenMan

Originally Posted by flyingagin
I had a big stand mounted 12' (?) Sears band saw. loved it. Had to part with it and my radial arm saw during a move. Dang I have missed them. Only problem I had with the band saw was the lock for the table was poor. I fixed that

I now have a Skill bench top band saw. It is fine for 95% of what I do. Yeah it is no where near the tool the Sears was but it is 10K% than no band saw. I have been cutting out wing rib templates with min of late. It was just a horrid affair to do with out a band saw. And I am about a 90% scratch builder, even down to making my own templates.

Good for you Robert. And oh sounds like ya got a keeper there, wife that is.

Ken

Oh and maybe??? the plane is a keeper too
I learned a long time ago not to get rid of tools for any reason except maybe to raise money for emergency medical bills. You lose too much money in the deal and you always want those tools back. Now if you're trading up that's a good reason as well.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:46 PM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

They went to a good home. I was being forced to move half way across country and had to lighten the load.

But except in the most dire circumstances I don't part with my tools willingly.

Ken
Old 08-28-2014, 02:31 AM
stevegauth30

Tools to me, are one of those things that you can't have enough of. Even one that never get used . If you get rid of them, you'll surely need them. I didn't realize just how much I used my band saw till I broke the blade and went a week without it. Wouldn't even think about cutting wing ribs without it.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:41 AM
CafeenMan

Exactly. An easy way to raise money is get your wife pregnant and sell the kid. Plus you save a ton of money on clothes, food, education and you never have to put up with an entitled teenager.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:42 AM
CafeenMan

PS. That assumes you can find a woman with low enough standards to let you get her pregnant in the first place. So far that hasn't worked for me which is why I can't afford jets.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:46 AM
stevegauth30

Tried that. No one would buy the darn kids so now I'm stuck with two of em. And the wife! Lol too funny. Still got the tools though.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:54 AM
CafeenMan

Well, there's always the hard way - go to school, get an education, get a good job, work hard... but that's so much work.

The other option is a ski mask and a shot gun but that carries a lot of risk and there's no guarantee your withdrawal at the convenience store will even cover the cost of kevlar tanks.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:55 AM
CafeenMan

Originally Posted by stevegauth30
Tried that. No one would buy the darn kids so now I'm stuck with two of em. And the wife! Lol too funny. Still got the tools though.
Did you wait to long to put them in the classifieds? Usually after age 2 is too late.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:02 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by CafeenMan
Well, there's always the hard way - go to school, get an education, get a good job, work hard... but that's so much work.
That doesn't work either now days you have 30 years of school loan payments to make! I did sell my radial arm saw a few years back because I hadn't needed in years. I have a compound miter saw that does most of the work it use to do. I have also reached the age I don't want any part of a project requiring a 12" saw! I do have a 8" and Dremel Table saws so that helps.

Last edited by FlyerInOKC; 08-28-2014 at 05:05 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:41 AM
flyingagin

Mike you are 100% correct. Student loans are just to much.
And the big tools are now to much for me. The little bench top tools dool what I need 90-95% of the time. I usually found much grumping find that I really do not need what the small tools can't do.

The table saw I pick up for 0$ is a cheap one and not accurate. But I will make a crosscut sled for it. And when I can afford a sliding compound miter saw. I will be set.

So as not to be off thread topic::: Hey Robert really nice plane ya are building there.

And ya never want me closer than 5' from it. I would drool on it.

Ken
Old 08-28-2014, 05:47 AM
acerc

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
That doesn't work either now days you have 30 years of school loan payments to make! I did sell my radial arm saw a few years back because I hadn't needed in years. I have a compound miter saw that does most of the work it use to do. I have also reached the age I don't want any part of a project requiring a 12" saw! I do have a 8" and Dremel Table saws so that helps.
I don't understand such comments about college. I have two sons still taking classes and my wife has just returned to one up her degrees and currently none owe one cent in unpaid tuition. And no we are not rich, barely scraping by. But maybe that is because we pay for things as we go, live well within our means, and don't want or waste for anything that requires financing.

Last edited by acerc; 08-28-2014 at 05:52 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:37 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

" But maybe that is because we pay for things as we go, live well within our means, and don't want or waste for anything that requires financing."

My land:-)))))))))))) What a RADICAL idea. For a moment I thought you must live in California:-)))))))))))))))))

The only thing that keeps us going, these days, in this economy, is that we did the same thing. Now, for our 60th anniversary, we can do Hawaii and Maui.

Les
Old 08-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Robert it's an amazing paint job and graphics, amazing build buy an amazing guy. Cant be any other way and I can't really think of anything else to say except, " WHATS NEXT to dazzle us". Well the maiden may do it too but I was thinking of the build part of your next adventure on the bench, it's really hard to stay out of your shop.

Leroy
Old 08-28-2014, 10:19 AM
acerc

Originally Posted by Leroy Gardner
Robert it's an amazing paint job and graphics, amazing build buy an amazing guy. Cant be any other way and I can't really think of anything else to say except, " WHATS NEXT to dazzle us". Well the maiden may do it too but I was thinking of the build part of your next adventure on the bench, it's really hard to stay out of your shop.

Leroy
Thank you kindly Leroy. Up next is something of a Spacewalker in appearance but not a SW. As soon as I receive some info from the owner, of which I have spoke with, I will post what it is along with a photo.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:31 AM
rs917

Originally Posted by acerc
I don't understand such comments about college. I have two sons still taking classes and my wife has just returned to one up her degrees and currently none owe one cent in unpaid tuition. And no we are not rich, barely scraping by. But maybe that is because we pay for things as we go, live well within our means, and don't want or waste for anything that requires financing.
What he said. ^

Looking great Robert!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:48 AM
flyingagin

Originally Posted by acerc
Thank you kindly Leroy. Up next is something of a Spacewalker in appearance but not a SW. As soon as I receive some info from the owner, of which I have spoke with, I will post what it is along with a photo.
I for one would love to see (via thread) you build it. When you start link us PLEASE!

Ken
Old 08-28-2014, 12:39 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by flyingagin
I for one would love to see (via thread) you build it. When you start link us PLEASE!

Ken
Absolutely...
Old 08-28-2014, 12:42 PM
acerc

Well, I hate to disappoint but, I just did the make sure run. And apparently it seemed so loud before because it scares the crap out of me. But being a little more use to it now, it did not seem excessively loud so I am going to install it without a muffler and go from there. And I did not get a video, sorry again, but I will get one of the first run in the airframe. I am actually thinking of taking it to the field tomorrow and run it around a bit. Either way I will get a video of it.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah, cool! Can't wait.

Hey, that's two good things about tomorrow: You taxi around your Pitts - AND - It's Friday!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.