Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 12:23 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used Callie several times myself and Decal-it has done all the logos on the current Pitts. But for all the striping and such that was needed for this bird the fella used my photos and his airframe (yep, he has the same one) to mock up and print everything to fit perfectly. And he did all of it three times just for copies of my photos because I have some decent shots he could not find and he wants the same scheme.
So in the end he was superb in quality and excellent on pricing. And by the way, he said he just does it for fun on the side and not really looking to get into printing for the populous in general. He does not mind doing something as special as this Pitts but otherwise is not interested. If anyone has something out of the normal runoff the mill printing let me know and I'll see if he is interested.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh wait, did he just do the vinyl masking for your paint? Sorry if I'm a bit confused, work is starting to get to me.
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2014, 02:26 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by Cub Flyer Fresno
Oh wait, did he just do the vinyl masking for your paint? Sorry if I'm a bit confused, work is starting to get to me.
He can do anything but, yes, the mask is what was dome for me. I have spent most of the evening repairing my Ultimate, grass is to tall for a high speed touch and go. It will be finished tomorrow once the epoxy sets up.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:57 PM
raptureboy

Yep, she inspected airplanes after repairs were made at Brookley field in Mobile Ala. She was also featured in Ken Burns movie called "The War" a few years ago. She's 91 now and the name "Wampas Cat" was my Dads nickname for her, a mythical wild creature found in the back woods of Ala. LOL I get my mechanical abilities from my mom who would tear apart the washing machine and fix it when it broke because she didn't have time to wait around for a repair man.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:53 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Good for her! Picture is a little small to read though.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:27 AM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Originally Posted by raptureboy
Yep, she inspected airplanes after repairs were made at Brookley field in Mobile Ala. She was also featured in Ken Burns movie called "The War" a few years ago. She's 91 now and the name "Wampas Cat" was my Dads nickname for her, a mythical wild creature found in the back woods of Ala. LOL I get my mechanical abilities from my mom who would tear apart the washing machine and fix it when it broke because she didn't have time to wait around for a repair man.
That's cool! I'm going to have to watch that movie now. It looks like we both have someone famous in our families, although mine is by marriage on my uncles side. You can Google Bertha Tickey (Petinak), the movie "A League Of Their Own" was based on her. Now you have a movie you can watch.

Robert, you damage your Ultimate too???!!! Mine was because the orange trees got in the way. If they hadn't moved over, I'd have been okay!
Old 10-22-2014, 09:35 AM
acerc

Yep, hit the high grass at high speed and it nosed right over. Broke the firewall right off but it has been reapplied just need to reinstall the servo plate. The servo plate stayed in one piece with no harm, thanks to my mounting by way of balsa blocks. It will be finished later today and no more flying until I bring the mower back up.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:30 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
Yep, hit the high grass at high speed and it nosed right over. Broke the firewall right off but it has been reapplied just need to reinstall the servo plate. The servo plate stayed in one piece with no harm, thanks to my mounting by way of balsa blocks. It will be finished later today and no more flying until I bring the mower back up.
Pull a Bonnie & Clyde and buy a 100' of petromat and some stakes!
Old 10-23-2014, 06:18 PM
acerc

LOL! Yea, right, you seen how much that stuff cost? Gas for the mower is much cheaper, just have to do it.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:39 AM
acerc

Well, that plan of attack a week or so ago turned into rebuilding the shed to store all my construction tools and supplies, of which most were stored in my room. The shed has mostly been rebuilt, just need to cover the open end from the rebuild and the local suppliers had no metal siding. I will pick the siding up at HD before heading back to the MH and finish it up. It was also moved out from under a tree I need to cut down. As it looks I will hopefully get back to the Pitts by the end of the week. The construction on the MH has come to a halt, need to recoup some funds, so all that is left is some fence clearing and cleaning out of the barn. And being as my labor is not what it use to be the working will only be a couple hours of a morning and then rest, rest being working on the Pitts. I will strip the top of the wing some time during the week and hopefully the fabric and tapes will be here by then.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:42 AM
acerc

Now for a question. I am already eyeing my next build and can't decide on which of two I want to do. Being as most of you here follow my builds which would you guys prefer seeing, a military L-4 scaled out from Cubmans plans or a Sig Spacewalker modified into a slightly different model?
Old 11-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Melchizedek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you will be back on the Pitts soon.

One for Space Walker, but some mite say I'm biased

Kevin
Old 11-01-2014, 10:12 AM
R/C Art
My Feedback: (38)

Originally Posted by Melchizedek
Glad to hear you will be back on the Pitts soon.

One for Space Walker, but some mite say I'm biased

Kevin
+1
Old 11-01-2014, 10:16 AM
stevegauth30

I for one would love to see cubmans plans turned L4
Old 11-01-2014, 11:38 AM
acerc

Originally Posted by stevegauth30
I for one would love to see cubmans plans turned L4
The plans are of an L4, not a J3.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:58 AM
stevegauth30

Even better. Which ever way would turn, I'm in._
Old 11-01-2014, 12:08 PM
VincentJ

Received 118 Likes on 107 Posts

Robert either plane is a winner, and I'll be sure to follow along. If pressed to choose one from the other then ....L4!
Old 11-01-2014, 01:41 PM
stevegauth30

Any news on finishing the BIG girl?
Old 11-01-2014, 01:46 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by stevegauth30
Any news on finishing the BIG girl?
Hopefully will be back on it by the end of the week.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:40 AM
OLDFLYER2
My Feedback: (5)

L-4. Lots of documentation available. You can make it tru scale.Greenhouse should be interesting. We have restored an L-4 (full scale) One of the most challenging areas was the reversible rear seat and radio deck. Got to be creative.Lol
Old 11-02-2014, 01:38 PM
acerc

Almost finished the shed, need a hand with the last piece of siding so will wait til the wifey gets here tomorrow. And that's about it for me I am pooped. It is to cold to be outside early so in the morning I will hang the remaining lights in my room and organize some more, maybe even start the stripping of the wing. By about noonish I can then I can go outside and work on cutting down a tree. Finally got a couple shots of the inside of the MH, still have a lot to do but it can wait until the first of the year.

Also noticed that I apparently need to have the camera lens cleaned.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	015.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	298.4 KB
ID:	2044316   Click image for larger version

Name:	016.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	298.0 KB
ID:	2044317  
Old 11-02-2014, 04:41 PM
StAndBl

Just spent about 12 hours over the last few days catching up on your build. This plane looks amazing! All of the detail and paint scheme are done so well. The setbacks had me bummed a little, as i was hoping to see it flying. I'll still be here, lurking, following to the end! Looking forward to the maiden!
Old 11-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Melchizedek

The MH looks nice and cozy. Very nice.
What size engine will you put on it ? And will you have to apply for excessively large RC certificate

Kevin
Old 11-02-2014, 05:48 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by Melchizedek
The MH looks nice and cozy. Very nice.
What size engine will you put on it ? And will you have to apply for excessively large RC certificate

Kevin
Well I hope your happy, now I have to take another shower from spewing Tea all over my lap.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Tried posting here Saturday night, would not post and locked up, nothing I could do to make it post and had to get off the site. I got back on and went to Kevin's Spacewalker build and found the same thing only things got worse, it would not only not finish the post but I got a pop up saying leave this page or stay on this page. Well if you click on stay on this page you can't do a thing and It's down loading something so I clicked on leave this page and it not only left the page it left the internet. "then" I got a pop up from AVG saying it blocked a threat. Now this is not the first time this has happened and I have got 14 AVG blocked threats in the past 2 & 1/2 months, all on RCU and numerous other problems with letters left out of script, non posts and locked up site, not to mention the pop up I get when I first come on, if you leave it nothing works until you delete it.

I had my computer guy here a couple of weeks ago helping to clean my PC up and install some up grades, he is a RC guy and said there are malware issues with RCU and they have very poor protection to protect users. We never had these problems until after RCU was sold and now it's an un safe site and the owners are not willing to install the up grades because they cost money. I know some of you know there are problems here at times, for now it seams ok but what about tomorrow.

I just thought I'd let you know some of the problems I have had, I'm sure I'm not the only one and this is more of a warning, there are worms at RCU

Leroy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.