Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 06:18 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just went looking and there is an upgrade from 1/2 a version after mine to 7.5 available, that sucks. Anyone got a 4.0 they'd be willing to relinquish.

Last edited by acerc; 08-19-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:36 PM
uncletwist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So,do you already have Realflight,..????? I was under the impression that you did`nt have it. You can buy just the disc for an upgrade to 7.5,... but you don`t need it to fly and modify the Pitts that I did the Colorscheme on. If you do have Realflight, what version do you have..??
Old 08-19-2015, 06:53 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by uncletwist
So,do you already have Realflight,..????? I was under the impression that you did`nt have it. You can buy just the disc for an upgrade to 7.5,... but you don`t need it to fly and modify the Pitts that I did the Colorscheme on. If you do have Realflight, what version do you have..??
Yes, I have a Realflite, version 3.5 unfortunately.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:56 PM
uncletwist

Originally Posted by acerc
I just went looking and there is an upgrade from 1/2 a version after mine to 7.5 available, that sucks. Anyone got a 4.0 they'd be willing to relinquish.
Can you clarify that Robert, Your going to need at least RF6 to get the Pitts. they do provide free upgrades within each "VERSION"...,but 3,4,5,6,7 are all diff. from each other.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:31 PM
uncletwist

Yes, I have a Realflite, version 3.5 unfortunately.

I`m not sure if you can upgrade from 3.5 to 7.5 with a new 7.5 disc install..??? I`m going let somebody else answer that one. but from what I`ve read over the years, you might be better off getting a whole new package (7.5), controller and all. You won`t be able to load the Pitts on 3.5.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:02 AM
squirrly
My Feedback: (3)

Hi Robert,
Congratulations!! All your hard work and craftsmanship on the Eagle really paid off. A great article!!

Jeff
Old 08-20-2015, 02:36 PM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Robert,
I went from 3.5 to 7.5 and just bit the bullet and bought the full version with a new controller.

It runs so much smoother than the 3.5 version and from what I am told you need to have at least 4.5 to upgrade to 7.5 because of an entirely new engine running the sim.

I now have more flights on the Eagle than you do.
Anthony
Old 08-20-2015, 02:57 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by WacoNut
Robert,
Anthony
Man!!! That just ain't right!!!!
I will get a new sim shortly.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:02 PM
acerc

I have got to share this, Stevegauth30 has hooked me up extremely. I have been emailing with a gentleman from Model Airplane news whom want's to do an article on my plane. The smiles this plane has brought me are just surreal. I will take the next few days to do what I needed to the Pitts and get the info and pics needed to send in for the article.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:20 PM
Melchizedek

Yabba Dabba Doooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy for you Robert. Well deserved Accolades

Kevin
Old 08-20-2015, 03:57 PM
stevegauth30

Great news brother.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:38 PM
uncletwist

Robert,
I went from 3.5 to 7.5 and just bit the bullet and bought the full version with a new controller.

It runs so much smoother than the 3.5 version and from what I am told you need to have at least 4.5 to upgrade to 7.5 because of an entirely new engine running the sim.

Anthony
How does it fly in 7.5 WacoNut,( I`m still stuck in 6.5 ) just curious, seeing how it was designed in version 6.0, I probably have more hours on it than you though...

Last edited by uncletwist; 08-20-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:47 PM
uncletwist

I have got to share this, Stevegauth30 has hooked me up extremely. I have been emailing with a gentleman from Model Airplane news whom want's to do an article on my plane. The smiles this plane has brought me are just surreal. I will take the next few days to do what I needed to the Pitts and get the info and pics needed to send in for the article.
Great news Ace, great work pays off in the end. It`s nice to see your efforts are`nt going unnoticed.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:44 PM
WacoNut

How does it fly in 7.5 WacoNut,( I`m still stuck in 6.5 ) just curious, seeing how it was designed in version 6.0, I probably have more hours on it than you though...
It fly's good, I adjusted the size to 46% and increased the physical model to match. The only thing I haven't been able to do is correct the sound. It needs the sound of a big twin gasser in it for sure.

We need Robert to get RF and install the plane to get his take on it.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:38 PM
uncletwist

It fly's good, I adjusted the size to 46% and increased the physical model to match. The only thing I haven't been able to do is correct the sound. It needs the sound of a big twin gasser in it for sure.

We need Robert to get RF and install the plane to get his take on it.
There are many engines and sound profiles to choose from, do you know how to access them in the editor...?? .I`ll send you a pic. later if you need it... Engines are a little tricky to find in the editor if your not familiar with it . (don`t mean to imply that your not)
Old 08-20-2015, 06:49 PM
acerc

I would really love to have a new RF and sometime I will get one. But for now, with all the expenditures lately, I need to recoup more than spend more.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:21 PM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Model Airplane News article, well done Stevegauth30... I don't think Robert realizes till now what he has created, but its all the makings of a masterpiece... surreal is an understatement... good for you Ace, enjoy it!

John M,
Old 08-21-2015, 11:18 AM
acerc

Thanks everyone for the accolades. I knew from the moment I saw the Eagle on Airliners.net that it was going to be special. I did not think MA kind of special though, but, it is not a shock for it is quite a beautiful aircraft. I will, unlike myself, soak up and enjoy every last moment of my fifteen minutes.

I ran the 30x14x3 blade prop today, not going to happen, it does not have near the pull the two blades have. Later on I will get a 30x19x3 and see if it will do, but for now it's the two blade.
Weather started coming in so I quit for the day, tomorrow I'd like to get it disassembled and brought in the house for the changes to be made and the such.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:25 PM
WacoNut

There are many engines and sound profiles to choose from, do you know how to access them in the editor...?? .I`ll send you a pic. later if you need it... Engines are a little tricky to find in the editor if your not familiar with it . (don`t mean to imply that your not)
By all means take a snap shot. I cannot find where to edit the Pitts engine.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:35 PM
squirrly

Robert,
Would you have ever guessed that when you started building the Eagle it would look this good? Pretty Cool huh. I hope MA takes some good pics...maybe one for the cover. Have fun and don't forget ...wax on wax off. Lol.
Jeff
Old 08-21-2015, 02:25 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by squirrly
Robert,
Would you have ever guessed that when you started building the Eagle it would look this good? Pretty Cool huh. I hope MA takes some good pics...maybe one for the cover. Have fun and don't forget ...wax on wax off. Lol.
Jeff
Honestly? Yes. This one is no different than any other endeavor and I always do my best to do it right. Now, would I have guessed people would take to it as they have? No, like I said earlier, their were those that thought it was to busy or (sissy) pretty for a Pitts. Most thought a Pitts should be starburst and at the least red n white.
But so far I think it has been a major hit, even a couple of my friends that were among the busy/sissy crowd say's it look's so much better than they thought it would from the pics I showed them at the beginning.
I am very happy with the finished product even though I'm not finished quite yet, by the end of next week it will be. Then I will be able to relax and enjoy it.

And I am taking the pics, not someone from MA. I have plenty but they were reduced in pixel to place here.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:37 PM
squirrly

Rob
Well, its a head turner now! Great looking and VERY PATRIOTIC!! You'd be crazy not to like it...or un-American. Lol. It's going to make a lot of Vet's like me proud. I can see it now...a flyby, smoke on, at center stage of open ceremonies, National Anthem playing in the background. Then into a knife edge showing the Eagle's full colors of glory!! Now that would be Cool!! One of these day...

Jeff
Old 08-21-2015, 05:46 PM
uncletwist

By all means take a snap shot. I cannot find where to edit the Pitts engine.

First you`ll have to open the editor as you know, click on fuse, then "ENGINE", another menu will pop up for the engine perimeters, you`ll see " torque generator " CLICK ON THAT, you`ll see a box to the right with three dots in it CLICK ON THAT, that will bring up your engine menu Also you`ll see sound profile in the menu of the pic. I posted, click on that and you`ll get a menu of enine souds to choose from
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot292.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	2115990  

Last edited by uncletwist; 08-21-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:15 AM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I ran the 30x14x3 blade prop today, not going to happen, it does not have near the pull the two blades have. Later on I will get a 30x19x3 and see if it will do, but for now it's the two blade.
Weather started coming in so I quit for the day, tomorrow I'd like to get it disassembled and brought in the house for the changes to be made and the such.

Your two bladed prop has a much wider blade to it, and being two inches longer, the added length puts the sweet spot of the propeller blades out further from the hub with a faster rotational airspeed as a result... but from what I have read regarding two and three bladed props, there suppose not to be much difference in performance... the 3 bladed prop should produce a little more thrust, but with a small loss in forward airspeed due to the increase in drag over a two bladed prop... they recommend when going from a two to three bladed prop, to drop the over all diameter 2 inches and keep the same pitch... maybe you can find a three bladed prop with wider blades, or hopefully the 30-19 will give better numbers.

If your two bladed prop is a 34-14 (I don't recall), then maybe try a 32-16, or 18 three bladed prop... it's possible you dropped the diameter down too much.

Anyways, you're going to keep the 3 bladed propeller on for the magazine photos, just for the scale look of course .

John M,
Old 08-22-2015, 02:07 PM
acerc

I pulled the Pitts out this morning, placed it on the pic-nick table and removed the wings. Then brought it in the house, removed the cowl, some nose panels, and removed the batteries from the rear. With the 1lb of batteries out, the tail feels so much lighter. Placed the bats as far forward as possible and removed the 2lbs of dead lead off the nose. With the bat and weight change picking it up fells so much different, much better. The next day or so I will be installing an intake ram tube, running the split exhaust into a single exit, and tightening up the gear a bit more. Then I should be able to get it back together and to the field again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.