Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Pitts S1-S by EMHW

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 08:44 PM
uncletwist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
Lookie what I got for my birthday, Sweeeet! It is a 32cc Rampage from Redcat Racing, I haven't ran it yet but it look's to be a monster.
Talk about something that needs wings...JEEZ... I think you you could pull it off ACE..
Old 08-30-2015, 02:55 AM
stevegauth30

you going to use that to tug the pitts out to the flight line? pretty cool.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:30 AM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just realized this Rampage is 32cc's not 3.2cc... that's a fair sized truck.. here I'm thinking it's like 1/10th scale, but its more like 1/5th... nice tuned stinger exhaust, hydraulic disc brakes, nice package... it needs a 4 stroke in it though .

John M,
Old 08-30-2015, 11:39 AM
stevegauth30

I've been eyeballing something like that for a while. One of these days I'll pull the trigger
Old 08-31-2015, 05:42 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Needs wings and a proper propeller and tail surfaces.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:50 AM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Needs wings and a proper propeller and tail surfaces.
I'll bet Robert gets it to 'fly' without them ;-)
Old 08-31-2015, 02:24 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hinckley Bill
I'll bet Robert gets it to 'fly' without them ;-)
For as far as the hill will launch it, LOL!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:15 PM
acerc

I went and bought me a new Realflight today. Man, Anthony was right, it is night and day from my old one. Now all I need is a "How to get the Eagle" as well as "H
Old 08-31-2015, 04:17 PM
acerc

I went and bought me a new Realflight today. Man those that said it would be soooo much better than my old one was not kidding. Now all I need is a tutorial on "How to get the Eagle" as well as "How to set it up to match mine"... Any volunteers????
Old 08-31-2015, 06:25 PM
acerc

Ok, I found the Pitts and the paint scheme. How do I get it from Knifeedge to my RF? Do I go on KE from the RF web link?
Old 08-31-2015, 06:35 PM
uncletwist

First you have to go into/ click on "swap pages" on the blue bar at the top of the page, once you`ve done that,` click on "Realflight 6", on the menu`.... once you`ve done that,... on the the first page, you`ll see the "33% Pitts S-1 EA" created by Abaser, Click on that`.. once you`ve gotten there` you`ll see his model, In the upper right corner` click on "download", that will get the model into your downloaded files on your computer, From there, you have to go into RF and click on "simulation" then click on "import"....., go to your downloads file, and click on the 33% Pitts, you should get a message the bottom of the RF saying that the model has been imported into RF, Having done all of the above, your still in RF CLICK on "aircraft" on the menu bar (top left) then click on 'CUSTOM AIRCRAFT" there you will find the Pitts click on it and will download into RF for your flying pleasure, you`ll also see my JW CS on 33% Pitt S-! EA page towards the bottom just click on it after you`ve downloaded the plane and go through the same procedure as I`ve describe above, Once the Color scheme has been downloaded, AND imported into RF click on "AIRCRAFT" on the menu above a menu will appear` click on "select color scheme", the Warda pitts should be there just click on it, and it should appear on your plane in less than 2 mins.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:46 PM
uncletwist

Ok, I found the Pitts and the paint scheme. How do I get it from Knifeedge to my RF? Do I go on KE from the RF web link?
I`m assuming you loaded your disc and registered your your serial #s as per the instructions. if you`ve done things correct RF should be on your desktop
Old 08-31-2015, 07:16 PM
uncletwist

Originally Posted by uncletwist
I`m assuming you loaded your disc and registered your your serial #s as per the instructions. if you`ve done things correct RF should be on your desktop
At this point KE is out of the picture. you should have RF on your desktop, just double click on it, and it should start up for you
Old 08-31-2015, 07:37 PM
acerc

Woo Hoo, thanks to you Uncle Twist I have my Eagle on the screen.. Thank you!
Now, if you don't mind, to make it as mine in size and weight do I have to set every parameter? Or can I do the top wings width and RF will adjust everything else to it?
Old 08-31-2015, 09:58 PM
uncletwist

Woo Hoo, thanks to you Uncle Twist I have my Eagle on the screen.. Thank you!
Now, if you don't mind, to make it as mine in size and weight do I have to set every parameter? Or can I do the top wings width and RF will adjust everything else to it?
You`ll have to go to "aircraft" on the menu once again (top left) click on "edit 33% S-1",, once your in the editor you can adjust pretty much any of parameters of the aircraft that you want, You could edit the plane quickly with 'scale" option(I think) but RF will not figure out the weights for you. If you scale the plane up in RF from small to larger, without adjusting component weights your end result will be a plane that floats like a balloon. I suggest that you look through /explore the editor and get familiar with it before making any changes, basically learn how to navigate it, it`s pretty simple once you`ve looked into it, you`ll learn just by clicking on diff. parts of the plane in the editor. For example, if you click on fuselage you`ll get a list parts that are what they call "children" to the fuse, you then can click on any one of those parts and adjust as you wish. Once you made a change and want to exit the editor "red X'" you`ll be prompted to "save" click on save and your/whatever change you made should be on the plane be it visible or not (dimension/weight) play with it for awhile and I`ll try and get back at ya...

Last edited by uncletwist; 08-31-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:20 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

I really should get a copy Rea lFlight to get my skills back up, but I keep getting sticker shock at the price.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:37 AM
stevegauth30

To me, its worth it though as i live where we have ACTUAL winters and sometimes go long times without flying. That curbs my cravings, a bit. Also, im getting more into the flippy floppy type of flying. There aint no reset button on the real thing, if ya know what i mean. lol.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:09 PM
uncletwist

Originally Posted by stevegauth30
To me, its worth it though as i live where we have ACTUAL winters and sometimes go long times without flying. That curbs my cravings, a bit. Also, im getting more into the flippy floppy type of flying. There aint no reset button on the real thing, if ya know what i mean. lol.
Gotta love the reset button. it has saved me a lot of money in the learning curve . knock on wood, but i`ve never had a wreck after having bought RF, it taught me orientation and TX control, despite the fact that my thumbs were shaking like hell my first few flights,All of my planes have come in safely and in one pc.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:29 PM
acerc

I am loving it. I have it set up with a big screen t.v. so I can stand there just like I'm out at the field, it's not quite the same but has a good feel to it. For now it is good enough, maybe later I will try and edit it closer to mine, that is a lot of numbers to edit and I'd have to measure each from the plane so can't do that now anyway.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Melchizedek

I have a question on the Real Flight 7.5 interface.
What one is optimal ? Wired, wireless, one's own transmitter or the Tactic that comes with one of the versions ?

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 09-01-2015, 04:24 PM
uncletwist

I am loving it. I have it set up with a big screen t.v. so I can stand there just like I'm out at the field, it's not quite the same but has a good feel to it. For now it is good enough, maybe later I will try and edit it closer to mine, that is a lot of numbers to edit and I'd have to measure each from the plane so can't do that now anyway.
Hey Ace, that`s great, Hope you like the CS I did, took me me about two months. I`ll have to say it`s the best one i`ve done. The editor takes some getting used to, but once you`ve played with it for awhile, it will become second nature, just keep exploring /studying it before making changes, weights are important as well on all of your parts. the CG can be adjusted as you know, a slight adjustment can make a big difference in how the plane handles, I usually right down the number that I`m going to change, before I change it, that way, I can put it back if I don`t like the change that I made. Don`t mean to toot my own horn here, but check out the PZ-L P1 in the 6.5 menu, it`s the only plane I`ve created for RF, It fly`s great, but it`s a PITA to land without ground looping it, but hey it is a tail dragger with a skid instead of a steerable wheel.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:31 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by Melchizedek
I have a question on the Real Flight 7.5 interface.
What one is optimal ? Wired, wireless, one's own transmitter or the Tactic that comes with one of the versions ?

Thanks,

Kevin
I have to tell you, when I went looking at the LHS I was intent on getting the wireless and using my Tx. But, the fella there opened up the box to show it to me and the radio was so much better than my old one and felt really good in the hands. Plus it comes with a cord I can hook my Tx to it if I so choose. So I bought it, the RF 7.5 with Elite interlink controller.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:35 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by uncletwist
Hey Ace, that`s great, Hope you like the CS I did, took me me about two months. I`ll have to say it`s the best one i`ve done. The editor takes some getting used to, but once you`ve played with it for awhile, it will become second nature, just keep exploring /studying it before making changes, weights are important as well on all of your parts. the CG can be adjusted as you know, a slight adjustment can make a big difference in how the plane handles, I usually right down the number that I`m going to change, before I change it, that way, I can put it back if I don`t like the change that I made. Don`t mean to toot my own horn here, but check out the PZ-L P1 in the 6.5 menu, it`s the only plane I`ve created for RF, It fly`s great, but it`s a PITA to land without ground looping it, but hey it is a tail dragger with a skid instead of a steerable wheel.
I love it! As for the other stuff, it will have to wait until I have nothing to do and can take the time to go through it. I did give it a good once over, does not seem difficult, just time consuming. Taking the time to weigh, measure, and write down all the specs of my plane then entering them into the program correctly is no short or simple task. I don't think.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Melchizedek

Thanks Robert,
at first I thought it was a stupid question

Having never owned a sim I am itching to get RF with all the glowing reviews.
Noticed the upgrade pack has a WW model 44 in it

Kevin
Old 09-01-2015, 04:37 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by Melchizedek
Thanks Robert,
at first I thought it was a stupid question

Having never owned a sim I am itching to get RF with all the glowing reviews.
Noticed the upgrade pack has a WW model 44 in it

Kevin
On RF's website it say's the add-ons 1-5 are free to download, just another major plus.

Last edited by acerc; 09-01-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.