Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Long EZ - St. Croix

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Long EZ - St. Croix

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Butcherbird58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long EZ - St. Croix

Recently completed a 1/5 th scale Long EZ from St. Croix kit, electric conversion, 7 Lb all up using a G force .46 with a 14 x 6 prop. Balanced 1/8" FWD of plans C.G. as recommended in Text. control throws as recommended in instructions. the initial flight was conducted at full up stick. as soon as I reduced the throttle the nose dropped as there was nothing left. Have repaired and reset the canard with 2 deg more angle of incidence. changed C.G. to the exact plans point, added Gap cover on elevator. Second flightstarted climb from take off and would not respond ro full down stick. reduced throttle and nose came down immediately and would not respond to full up stick. Have not invested in second repair. wanted to gain some expert input. anyone have helpfull suggestions?
Old 08-21-2013, 11:13 AM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do a search on canard CG. It is very sensitive. I only remember ads for the plane, never had one, but how do you have the control surfaces rigged with mixes and such?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Butcherbird58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No mixing, straight forward controls, they matched the recommended throws , and were in the correct direction, C.G. was right on the plans location