Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2014

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2014

Old 01-27-2015, 04:27 PM
FireBee
My Feedback: (34)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright HPA! Way to go Paul.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:12 PM
US185Damiani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WinterHawke
While at the Dayton Dawn Patrol, I was handed a Flash Drive with a whole bunch of event photos, a few dozen or so I've uploaded to Photobucket at:

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/Winte...dezvous?sort=9

And true to form I apparently tried to rely on mental notes as to who gave me the photos, with predictable results.

So could whoever recognizes their handiwork here, could you please let me know? I'm submitting my report on the event to the AMA and am including photos, and want to give credit where credit is due.

I also received a large batch of photos from Larry Masters via DVD (MANY thanks, Larry), and I'll be posting some of those photos as well. But first off, here's the a few of the photos for which I'm trying to find the owner:

Photo flood will commence soon - first want to get the report off to AMA.

MANY thanks,

Lee McDuffee
Hi Lee
I'm one of the Pilots and Builders of the Full scale Pup Mildred H. in your photo stream.

If you want detail information on it let me know either here or in a pm!
Old 02-03-2015, 09:00 AM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Mike Pennell from Tulsa gave you the Flash Drive. He was the modeler/flyer/photographer from Oklahoma, we all got the Flash Drive. He got many great shots, well over 450 photos. I am still working on getting them up on our club web site. If you need his email address just PM me.

Rich
Old 04-09-2015, 10:17 AM
WinterHawke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good afternoon, all

Received an email from one of our participants in last September's Dawn Patrol Rendezvous, who's apparently been deeper in hibernation than even I have been. He's opening up his camper prepping for this year's events, and came up missing some critical items:

*** LOST & (HOPEFULLY) FOUND ***

He's come up missing a couple of radio boxes, one of which contained a Spectrum radio and the other a "bunch of electric stuff" - I have (I think) a query off to Doug Cox on this, but thought I'd put word out to the community as well.

And "While we are doing it I also left a black bag that my easy up goes in under my trailer when I pulled out Sunday night".

Anyone with any information on this please let me know and I'll get you in touch with our wayward Pilot.

Getting ready myself to head to Toledo this weekend - looking forward to catching up with many of you there, and seeing what everyone else got done over the winter (me, not much of nothing, got a lewis gun about ready to paint for my Pup).

I also wanted to send a link out for some bonus coverage of the 2014 Rendezvous, an article and photos I submitted last fall to Model Aviation. It's typical me . . . never use a couple words when dozens and dozens and dozens can be used instead . . . so no wonder it didn't make the magazine, but it IS up on the magazine's website. It's got some behind the scenes schtuff as well as some historical info looking back a hundred years.

http://www.modelaviation.com/dawnpatrol2014bonus

Hope you like it.

Finally,

I'll have at Toledo a list of R/C Dawn Patrols (and a few other events) I try to put together each year. After Toledo I'll try to get it posted (probably up on our much-neglected DPR website).

IF you're planning an R/C Dawn Patrol event, AND it's not up on the AMA Competition Calendar yet, drop me a line and let me know so I can add it to my list.

Thanks, and Best regards,

Lee McD