Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Scale Navigation and Landing Light Lenses Cessna 182

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Scale Navigation and Landing Light Lenses Cessna 182

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 06:03 PM
rczippy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale Navigation and Landing Light Lenses Cessna 182

I am building a Top Flite Cessna 182 Kit. I have purchased a LED lighting kit that comes complete with strobes, beacons, navigation and landing lights. I need to fabricate the mounting and lens covers for the landing and navigation lights. I was hoping i could get some ideas to help me start.

I have attached a picture of the left wing where the landing light and the Red navigation light is mounted.

Any Ideas would be great. I am new to scale building and don't have many tricks up my sleeve.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cessna_T182T_At_Centennial.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	362.0 KB
ID:	1970661  
Old 02-21-2014, 06:30 PM
tcrowson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As for the landing lights on my L-19 I used reflectors from AAA size mini mag flashlights and made the window from plastic softened with a heat gun and formed around the leading edge of the wing. As for the nav light covers find someone in your club who does vacuum forming. Have attached a picture of the landing lights.
Tas
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Landing lights.JPG
Views:	1182
Size:	441.8 KB
ID:	1970984