Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Hoosier Scale Classic

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Hoosier Scale Classic

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 AM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hoosier Scale Classic

Fella's, a scale contest is coming in Seymour, Indiana August 2nd and 3rd. This will also be a Scale Masters Qualifier.
We have a wide open field, no trees and no wires to worry about. The site is located in the northwest corner of Freeman Field, an old WW2 bomber training base.
We will be setting up on Friday August 1st. There is camping on site but no hookups. We have hard pavement or grass to fly from.
The plan is for static judging and 2 rounds of flying on Saturday and 2 rounds on Sunday, with a banquet at the site Saturday night.
Come and enjoy the fun and competition. Let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
hsc_signup_flyer (1).pdf (2.38 MB, 44 views)
Old 07-03-2014, 10:48 AM
smithmr3
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Steve,

I was looking at the field pictures on the club website. The grass runway would be on the far side of the blacktop runway? Looks like a nice open area. If I don't have to work on Saturday, we plan on coming down friday evening.
Good luck at the Nats this year, we are going to the Ohio Dawn Partol the followng weekend.

Mike
Old 07-04-2014, 12:32 PM
R/C Art
My Feedback: (38)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Steve

The last I heard Jeffrey Pike will make an appearance ....... if he shows up, so will I. Someone has got to fly that bomber WOOOHOOOO!
Even if he can't make it for some unknown reason, Rhonda and I plan on attending.

Art
Old 07-05-2014, 04:17 AM
OldScaleGuy

Mike, sorry to hear about the Bristol. Typcially we fly off of the grass on the near side of the paved runway. We are requesting approval from the land owner to use the grass on the far side of the runway for the contest. I believe that is going to work out.
Art, look forward to seeing you and Rhonda at the Nats and Hoosier Scale Classic. Last i spoke with Jeff, they are planning on attending. Looking forward to seeing the B-24 fly again. That is a treat!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:16 AM
smithmr3
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Steve,

Losing the Bristol sucks, it will be rebuild in due time.
I think flying from the near side of the paved runway would be better. I wasn't sure how judges station would be positioned.

Mike
Old 07-08-2014, 03:20 AM
OldScaleGuy

The issue is the far side of the runway is smoother. We will position the judges stations accordingly depending on final approval.