Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Cermark Pitts S2B 23 to 26cc Gas

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Cermark Pitts S2B 23 to 26cc Gas

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 10:14 AM
RonPat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cermark Pitts S2B 23 to 26cc Gas

Trying to find information on this model. Purchased used. Is red with the white markings. Diamond pattern on rudder and bottom of lower wing. White sunburst on wing tops. Anyone know about what years this model was in production and average retail price? thanks.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:05 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

I have one, had a .91 two stroke glow. It flew OK but when I'll be redoing it I have plans to put a ST2300, I've seen vid with this setup and it flies perfect.
I also have a 26cc gas engine that has no home, thought about it, but it's a little heavier plus the vibrations... i will probably go with the ST unless this thread
makes me change my mind
Old 08-06-2014, 12:31 PM
R/C Art
My Feedback: (38)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally this plane was about $500 at my local hobby shop......it was shipped in two large boxes which was pretty expensive. I flew mine with an OS 120 Surpass 4 stroke. It was an ideal match.
I am thinking it was introduced around 1994 or 5.

I can't address the question of gas engines - some of the newer gassers are pretty light and might do a great job. But I don't have any experience with them so cannot attest to whether vibration might be a problem or not. The airframe was built rather light and some of the glue joints were not the best in the world - my firewall came loose.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:54 AM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had one of these beauties a fews years back and it came apart in mid air because parts of the wing were not glued. I also had to re glue the firewall as it was loose right out of the box. The plane was a total loss with a very expensive YS 140 that got destroyed. I tried for months to get a follow up response from Peter Chow the owner of Cermark but got nothing. I finally confronted him at the Toledo show with parts of the unglued wing and he just blew me off and as it turns out he had developed a reputation for doing that to customers that had issues with his products. I guess my advice to you would be to check the plane thoroughly , especially the glue joints.
The original design was Dave Patrick's and was pretty good. I believe he had some sort of agreement with Cermark but it didn't last long. I think I prepaid something like $399 for the kit at the Toledo show [April] but didn't receive the plane till late summer. I've had three of the Great Planes version and it's much better built and a better flyer.

Hope this helps,
paul
Old 08-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Usedtobepropworn

Not interested in anything Cermark I had one and the top wing departed while doing scale aerobatics. The wood inside the top wing was black with mold from the factory. At the time there were a lot of complaints about the top wing coming off. Cermark wasn't any help at all in fact the owners words were that I was a lousy flyer who should take up another hobby. Read through some of the email conversations I had with the company.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ir/rheiHILeDLI

You can also type in Problems with Cermark Pitts and even though it has not been on the market for years the info is still there. I even contacted Dave Patrick the designer and he apologized stating that once they bought the rights to the design he unfortunately had no control over how the kits were assembled. He wasn't pleased with the many complaints as his original design never had any of these problems.