Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

3W Chipmunk : WANTED !

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

3W Chipmunk : WANTED !

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 07:51 PM
IFLYRC-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 3W Chipmunk : WANTED !

I have a friend looking for a 3W Chipmunk kit. He has been looking for years.
He has built just about every kit out there.
He feels the scale profiles of the fuse is just not right, and wants a very scale 100" Chipmunk. This kit has the potential to fit the bill ... but -

Seems this kit has been out of production for many years? Anybody have a kit stashed they would be willing to part with? If you have one, or a lead on where to find one, any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance !

Jim
Old 01-21-2015, 08:00 PM
IFLYRC-RCU

Also - if you have had one of these planes, any comments would be interesting!
Old 02-09-2015, 05:49 PM
IFLYRC-RCU

Nothing? Has anybody ever seen one of these? We haven't.

I thought maybe someone in the scale world may know of a kit stashed somewhere. We heard rumors of one out east, but never got follow up on it.

So - still looking!
Old 02-10-2015, 05:50 AM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

I do have one NIB..... It cost me an arm and and leg a few years back after I finally found one
Every couple of years I pull it down and decide wether to build it or put it back.
The glasswork and sheeting are first rate but there is little in the way of instructions and they don't tell you much.
I've talked to a couple of guys who have flown them. They say they they fly very scale like when it comes to Chipmunks and with that big wing it can be a floater on landing and anything more than 50cc is a waste of power.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:28 PM
IFLYRC-RCU

This particular kit is a long time dream of an older gent I fly with. have forwarded this to him ....

So, I have to ask, you know the question?

Excited to actually hear from someone who has some experience with the plane! I assume the fuse has the correct shapes etc? Pics seem to show that very well.. I built a 3W Extra - and you are right, directions are pretty much "nothing" Plane did take first place at the Toledo show a few years back....

We are ready .... I watched him fly this plane at Oshkosh when I was young . . .

My 3W build:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0208.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	2072174   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2081.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	533.9 KB
ID:	2072175   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2082.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	476.1 KB
ID:	2072176   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2069.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	471.9 KB
ID:	2072177  
Old 02-11-2015, 08:43 AM
jrlane
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is John, Jim's "older gent" friend. I sent a private message to "pacoflyer" and in case he doesn't get it, here it is again. I will take the kit and even come and pick it up. I WILL get built. No basement (or attic, or take your stash location) queen with me. So if pacoflyer wants to see it in the air, I will put it there. Send an email to [email protected] and we can set up a meeting date.