Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Scale Foam PNP Planes

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Scale Foam PNP Planes

Old 08-07-2015, 10:28 PM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the control rod issue fixed, so I bound it, and set everything up, but the darn ESC is defective I think. No beeps, and no motor.
I bought another 40 amp ESC for it on Ebay tonight, and i'll send the defective one back to the store for replacement if they so desire, then use the replacement esc for backup.
This Waco has been a real hassel so far, but it was only $159.99 and free shipping, and it does look awesome. Time to put the flying wires on it while I wait for the new esc.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RocHobby_Waco_1__46863_1371531978_1020_1020.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	2113171  
Old 08-10-2015, 09:07 PM
freeonthree

I got the new esc today and installed it, but it turns out that the defective esc has ruined the throttle channels in both receivers I tried in it.
I decided to test fit a 2200mah 3S battery in the plane and discovered that it is a real hassel to put them in the battery compartment, so now im giving up on the Waco and not looking back. It looks great but is by far the worst thought out plane I have ever seen.
All my other planes are wonderful and very user friendly, but this Rochobby Waco is junk IMO, and has been a huge waste of my time and money.
The FMS PT-17 Stearman is a sweet plane, but FMS really screwed up when they made these Rochobby Waco's, in my opinion. Dennis
Old 08-13-2015, 08:01 PM
freeonthree

Motion RC is sending me a new motor and esc. Thank gawd for great customer service. Hopefully within a week or two I can start flying this Waco.