Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

One Half Scale Fokker DVII

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

One Half Scale Fokker DVII

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 07:00 AM
Billy Clink
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Horsepoweraviation
Really BILLY?........... First thing that comes to your mind is that I CRASHED!..................your dead to me
PAAAAAAUUUUUL......I am taaaalllking to you from the Paaaaaaaast....Sooorrrrrryyyy ffoooorrrr saaaayyyyiiinnnggg Crash !!!!!!!!!!! I was talking to Steve about setting this computer on fire cause I cant get picts. to upload still ,,,Steve made a comment .......and that little guide pin on the HO slot cars came out of the slot on the race track took a left turn right in to a guardrail !!!!!!! as for Hijacking my post ...........I dont mind !!!!!!!! I will try to bring the camel to Wings for kids ,,,,,,,,,Maybe a small DVII too.......... it is not the first time we Dawn patrol flyers have been booted from a field in hamilton co. !
Old 04-11-2016, 08:07 AM
Tmoth4
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Billy, maybe try a "system restore" on your computer. That's what I go to when all else fails. Usually you can do it without losing your files and documents.

Jim
Old 04-13-2016, 04:28 PM
Eindecker_pilot

Originally Posted by Steve Percifield
Nearly????? Did you say NEARLY??? Seriously, Nearly??
Right, perhaps "actually" would have been more accurate.
Greg
Old 04-27-2016, 06:14 AM
Tmoth4
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It has been very quiet here. Any more progress!

Jim
Old 04-28-2016, 02:08 PM
Billy Clink

Jim.....I hate to say it ...but no,,,,,I have been working all the time , no time to build ..Computer is messed up . cant do anything with pictures .....I am unable to fix problem ....
Old 04-28-2016, 06:34 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Billy , If you can't get any work done or your D7...I wish you would come over here and cover my DR1

I think my motivation is infected with the same computer virus as that non picture-postin PC !!!
Old 07-26-2016, 12:57 PM
dryverman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still no progress?
Old 07-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Billy Clink

Dryverman.... ....I am so sorry but no...not at this time ......I have not worked on the plane in quite some time now .I will try to get in the shop to continue building later this fall ....I will be ready to install the radio, engine ,and covering ...and alot of paint ! I received my goodies from Iflytallies 3D printed machne guns bullets. Gauges , Cumpus , airspeed indicater , most are built and detailed to mount in the plane ......still no luck with my pictures .....I hate computers !
Old 09-19-2018, 01:18 PM
Noahsarc5914

Default question about your 1/3 scale Fokker D7 top wing

Hi Billy,
great build on your half scale. ONe day in my retirement I will build one, but now I am building the 1/3 scale BUSA Fokker D7. My question is what caveats do you have for me when building the upper wing in one piece(118" long) How did you go about it and not make it too heavy??
Thanks,
Noah Schechtel
Old 09-19-2018, 06:31 PM
Billy Clink

Originally Posted by Noahsarc5914
Hi Billy,
great build on your half scale. ONe day in my retirement I will build one, but now I am building the 1/3 scale BUSA Fokker D7. My question is what caveats do you have for me when building the upper wing in one piece(118" long) How did you go about it and not make it too heavy??
Thanks,
Noah Schechtel
Noah......Real sorry for not seeing this sooner ......The one piece wing on the 1/3 DVII was pretty simple actually ,,,I Built the wing upside down on the table......Keep your over all wing span measurements as the kit mentions......instead of building three panels ,I cut full length main spars for the top of the wing , Main spar and rear spar . ,left panel ,,center section and right wing panel are built at the same time .....measure out all the Rib spacing's ...Starting with the center ribs ,so the cabane hard points are correct ,,,and work your way out to the inter-plane strut mounts ( Ribs with metal brackets on them ) . ..,,You will eliminate the wood boxes and aluminum tube from the the top wing completely ......once you get the whole top wing laid out upside down on table .( I beleive rib spacing will be around 3 inches apart ) Reference plans for wing rib spacing !..you will then cut the lower main spars for center section first to main ribs ,then add the lower main and rear spars to the wing panels .giving you the dihedral needed for scale outline . Once you get all main spars in place ,,,,all ribs must be 90 degrees to building table .very important that they are 90 degrees to top main spars ! lower spars will be at a slight angle to bottom of wing ribs,,giving dihedral to bottom of each wing panel...... Use your 3/32 sheer web between each wing rib ,front and back of main spars and rear spars ...all the way out to wing tips .... .add your hard points to the center section ,Add the leading edge material ,,,,,Remember the top of the leading edge will stay flat to building table ..,,add your trailing edge material , and scallops ........
once outer sheeting is on and all cap strips are on the wing it will be incredibly strong . .Mine had over 350 plus flights and no issues ever !
Old 11-12-2018, 05:06 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Billy finished and flew this and NOBODY posted pics and video for you? I think this is a criminal offense by everyone involved
Still recall seeing your Half scale Camel at ODP 2013 !!!
Old 12-19-2019, 08:19 PM
Billy Clink

I AM BACK ,,I will be resuming work to finish the Half Scale Fokker DVII .3 years ago I stopped working on it do to personal reasons .. Now To Start having fun and resume my project I will fly it this summer ! .MY GOAL IS TO FLY AT THE NEXT BIG DAWN PATROL RENDEVOUSE at Dayton Ohio and compete with the other planes for Top Honors ! I will post pictures and give details as my build progresses ! Please feel free to join along to watch the progress as it happens !
Old 12-20-2019, 07:17 AM
WinterHawke

Billy - VERY glad to hear you're back on the building board with your Fokker D.VII - you have been missed on the circuit!!

A schedule update on the Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2020 - the Museum has set the date for the first weekend in October (to avoid conflict with their marathon mid September). We're anticipating the participant dates to be Sept 30th to Oct 4 - I'll make sure you get the full information once we have this from the Museum.

Meanwhile, here's a little time machine photo - your 1/3 D.VII at the 2009 Rendezvous. Fog socked in the full scales until 1:30 in the afternoon, but the R/C models kept the show going all morning, with your old Fokker D.VII starting up the day:

Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2009 - Billy's 1/3 Scale Fokker D.VII preparing for flight - fog obscures a really really big Air Force Museum in the background!

Best regards,

Lee McD
Old 12-20-2019, 09:08 AM
Billy Clink

Originally Posted by WinterHawke
Billy - VERY glad to hear you're back on the building board with your Fokker D.VII - you have been missed on the circuit!!

A schedule update on the Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2020 - the Museum has set the date for the first weekend in October (to avoid conflict with their marathon mid September). We're anticipating the participant dates to be Sept 30th to Oct 4 - I'll make sure you get the full information once we have this from the Museum.

Meanwhile, here's a little time machine photo - your 1/3 D.VII at the 2009 Rendezvous. Fog socked in the full scales until 1:30 in the afternoon, but the R/C models kept the show going all morning, with your old Fokker D.VII starting up the day:

Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2009 - Billy's 1/3 Scale Fokker D.VII preparing for flight - fog obscures a really really big Air Force Museum in the background!

Best regards,

Lee McD
Thank you very much , I too have missed dearly flying under your command , would be an honor for me to earn your respect to be able to fly at your events !