Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Retracts and wheels for Rotal Products (Marutaka)- p51 .60 size.

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Retracts and wheels for Rotal Products (Marutaka)- p51 .60 size.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:36 AM
Getting back to RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retracts and wheels for Rotal Products (Marutaka)- p51 .60 size.

I’m in the process of building my Royal Products P51 wing and would like to keep things scale. Royal recommends a 4” main which is scale for this .60 size, (1/7) scale kit. My problem is by the time I’ve put Robart 510RS SD mains with a 663 7/16” strut and 4” 10 spoke Robart aluminum wheel / tire combo in the wing, the total stack height of the strut, and 1 1/4” wide tire may not fit into the wing cavity. The full scale dimension of a P51 tire looks to be 27” x 6”, which means a 4” x 7/8” tire! But I can’t find anything out there this size. Has anyone else dealt with this? Looks like all the .6o size kits out there go with a 3 1/4” tire which doesn’t do much for scale looks! I’d apreciate any input, thanks!
Old 03-16-2018, 08:02 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is my very non-scale Tony. It looks great. Flies great. And is admired whenever I fly it. Forget the details and use what fits. Enjoy the flying. Dan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tony4.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	2259444  
Old 04-05-2018, 08:39 PM
tmaucher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VQ models has a metal wheel that should be the right size and is scale for cheap. No where near 3.5" more like 2.5"