RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

What servos for Zirloi P-47 1/5 scale

Reply

Old 03-07-2018, 01:11 AM
  #1  
kgbetal
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auckland, NEW ZEALAND
Posts: 14
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default What servos for Zirloi P-47 1/5 scale

Hi. Would like to know what type of servos people would recommend for the Ziroli P-47 1/5 scale. I am putting a DA 100 inline into her and will be doing a lot of scale detail.
Thanks
Joel
kgbetal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:47 AM
  #2  
chris923
My Feedback: (53)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: milwaukee, WI
Posts: 925
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Hitec 645mg. In my opinion, digital servos in a Warbird are over kill. If you want to waste your money on digital go ahead, but you will not see a great improvement in performance to justify the extra cost.
chris923 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:20 AM
  #3  
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (124)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Killingworth, CT
Posts: 660
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by chris923 View Post
Hitec 645mg. In my opinion, digital servos in a Warbird are over kill. If you want to waste your money on digital go ahead, but you will not see a great improvement in performance to justify the extra cost.
+1

The 645MG is "the" giant warbird servo around here. No need for more than that.

If I was going to use digitals, I'd be wanting to try the new D645MW.
Hemikiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:22 PM
  #4  
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 4,769
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Hemikiller View Post
+1

The 645MG is "the" giant warbird servo around here. No need for more than that.

If I was going to use digitals, I'd be wanting to try the new D645MW.
I'm using a number of the D645 / 625 and they are a great servo for the $$. Just a few $ more than the old trusty 645MG and they share the same mechanics. The overall performance is much improved over the old analog 645MG and a huge improvement over the older digital 5645. Unlike traditional digital servos, these are virtually silent and don't have any of the usual digital servo sing. Much more precise centering than their analog cousins and these are just a few of the improvements. I highly recommend these new D series servos over the older analog 645 / 625.
Truckracer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:27 PM
  #5  
kgbetal
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auckland, NEW ZEALAND
Posts: 14
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Thanks. Yes I had a look at these at tower hobbies. I think I will go with digital servos.
kgbetal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:01 PM
  #6  
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (124)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Killingworth, CT
Posts: 660
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Truckracer View Post
I'm using a number of the D645 / 625 and they are a great servo for the $$. Just a few $ more than the old trusty 645MG and they share the same mechanics. The overall performance is much improved over the old analog 645MG and a huge improvement over the older digital 5645. Unlike traditional digital servos, these are virtually silent and don't have any of the usual digital servo sing. Much more precise centering than their analog cousins and these are just a few of the improvements. I highly recommend these new D series servos over the older analog 645 / 625.

That's really good to hear. I had was hoping the performance and centering would be an improvement over the 5645/5625 servos. Sounds like it is and I'll be trying some on my next build.
Hemikiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:23 AM
  #7  
OldScaleGuy
 
OldScaleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Seymour, IN
Posts: 2,837
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Have a look at these. I recently bought some for my current project and am very impressed.
Digital Servos
OldScaleGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:22 AM
  #8  
kgbetal
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auckland, NEW ZEALAND
Posts: 14
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by OldScaleGuy View Post
Have a look at these. I recently bought some for my current project and am very impressed.
Digital Servos
Thanks. I will look into it.
kgbetal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:32 PM
  #9  
tmaucher
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lindsborg, KS
Posts: 231
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Turnegy 1501's check out hobby king site and look at there tourque numbers. Buy extra and compare movement and get rid of the bad ones. China nuff said
tmaucher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:36 PM
  #10  
tmaucher
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lindsborg, KS
Posts: 231
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Turnegy 1501's buy extra and throw away the bad ones. The torque numbers are huge but you have to be quality control. China nuff said
tmaucher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:08 AM
  #11  
TomCrump
 
TomCrump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 7,532
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I'm considering these servos in lieu of Hitec 645s. PowerHD LF-20MG Metal Gear Digital High Torque Servo | Value Hobby

A friend suggested them, saying that he has had good results.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experience with them.
TomCrump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:38 AM
  #12  
OldScaleGuy
 
OldScaleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Seymour, IN
Posts: 2,837
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Myself and another one of our club members have HAD PowerHD servos..... HAD being the key word....
OldScaleGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:54 AM
  #13  
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wading River, NY
Posts: 1,012
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post
I'm considering these servos in lieu of Hitec 645s. PowerHD LF-20MG Metal Gear Digital High Torque Servo Value Hobby

A friend suggested them, saying that he has had good results.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experience with them.
I just put these in a ESM 50cc arf. Hoping to test fly soon. Tested on the bench for an hour each, no problems. Ive used well over 50 of the 1501s. I have some that in a FW thats been flying for 4 years. No issue at all. They just dont center well. Ive found that if you get a bad one, its dead on arrival.
Mpizpilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:01 AM
  #14  
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wading River, NY
Posts: 1,012
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by kgbetal View Post
Hi. Would like to know what type of servos people would recommend for the Ziroli P-47 1/5 scale. I am putting a DA 100 inline into her and will be doing a lot of scale detail.
Thanks
Joel
On another note, I have 8611s in my Robart/Ziroli Jug. I dont skimp on big builds.
Mpizpilot is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service