Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

aluminum finish

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

aluminum finish

Old 10-12-2019, 11:16 AM
43mauser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aluminum finish

Hey, just ordered a Manzano Nieuport 17 kit. I hope to finish it in Guynemers color scheme/graphics. In almost all my searches, I have found that aluminum was the color of almost all Nieuports
in that era. Guymemers included. I have searched and cannot find aluminum dope. What do you fellows suggest to get the aluminum finish? I will be covering with silkspan and dope. This will be a static model . I hope to get close to John Oshust fantastic model on the Stick and Tissue forum.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:45 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

How about acrylic aluminum model paint from Testors/Model Master or Tamiya? If it's thinned and sprayed on, it won't fill the fabric as much and will be lighter. To make it even better, they're water soluble. If you were looking at building a flying model, I wouldn't suggest this but, since you're building one for display, it would work fine.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:03 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
I personally use 2-part Automotive paint (sprayed on) but an alternative would be to use dope from Brodak.