Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Airtruk

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 02:26 AM
musterpilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Airtruk

If any of you guy are interested in three view drawings ect of the airtruck I can help I have the original owners manual also airframe parts
Old 11-30-2007, 05:35 PM
musterpilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the original airtruck made up from harvard parts
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl31110.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	815475   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67910.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	815476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79252.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	815477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf95096.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	815478  
Old 05-11-2008, 10:36 PM
scotty302

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sent you a message but didn't know if you were the one asking to get photos of the machined landing gear. Curious on how your progress is going. The landing gear was custom made by Century Jet Models and they should still have the plans if you want to get a really rugged and functional landing gear made to handle the 5" wheels

Scott.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30987.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	947780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35866.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	947781  
Old 12-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Hey all, even thou I'm in Florida now, I still have the winter build bug, so please forgive the revival of an old thread.

Anyhow, been thinking about an Airtruk/Skyfarmer/Pl-12 build for a while. Finding it's not easy to find plans for such a girl. I stumbled on this thread while doing a google search and after reading thru it, came up with a thought.

If any of the previous posters who built the 117" version or have passed on it and have the plans, I'd like to talk to you about either buying your plans, or working out something to get copies of them. Figure it would be a win win for both of us as I'd get my plans, and you could pass on something you've already used or don't plan on using.

Send me a PM if you're interested or if you can point me to a set, and thanks in advance.

Brad
Old 12-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

UPDATE: Contacted Mike Neal at kitcutters, and low and behold he had a spare set of plans, and gave me a great price on the plans and cutting the kit.
So all is good

Thanks anyhow.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:56 AM
ppenka

Hi all, Just to let you know I am the son of the builder of the Airtruk from Alamogordo. Mr. Morgan has the aircraft now along with a few others that my father Quintin "Joe" Penka had built in his lifetime. The truk was a lifelong dream for him to build ever since we went to the paris airshow years back when we lived in Germany. I can still remember him saying he was going to build it and by god he did. It was a 2 year project and his baby. The plane has flew a few times while he was alive and the first flight was done in Oklahoma by Mr. Sid. Yes and I do remember that it was very underpowered at the time and if it wasn't for the 20 mph wind he would not have ever got it off the ground.

My father had taken it to QSAA two times and won twice for best civilian aircraft 1952 to present with it. To this day Mr. Morgan has the Airtruck, P-51, Curtis Seagull and the Birddog is in a museum down in El Paso. Mr. Morgan is one of our families dearest and longest friends and I apreciate him working and replacing parts on the Truk that were missing due to my mothers move back to Alamogordo after my fathers passing. This was a family project with my mother making the pilot and interior.

Just to let you know that on the back of the marker stone in Larnard Ks where my fathers resting place is. There is a carving with "Flying with the Angels" and the Airtruk above it in the clouds. If anyone else has pictures of this Airtruk please post them or send then to me. Thanks to all. Patrick
Old 12-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Coolhand0

Hello everyone,
I have build the Airtruk, including the fuselage, Canopy and wings in GFK. The complete instructions and building plan is for sale. You are able to see my creation under the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXbItlNGc6A
Wingspan: 100"
Weight: 8KG
Engine size 26 c inch

If interested feel free to  get in touch.

Best wishes Klaus

Old 12-18-2009, 06:03 PM
edmoor
My Feedback: (1)

2005????????????????????????
Old 02-16-2010, 01:21 AM
scotty302

Just seems this thread won't go quietly. Finally had some time to work on the truk after a rather long hiatus. I had a chance to do some more glassing, sanding and primering of the control surfaces. Really hope to get started on the glassing of the fuselage before the thoughts of discouragement start to settle in. Alot of work still lies ahead and will try to get some more current pics when the weather clears up a bit. Some of the members in my club just got tired of asking "hows the airtruk coming" with the same standard response. Just as long as the mustang powered ranger doesn't require any more major work, should see quite a bit of progress.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:31 PM
airtruk

hi guy's,i am about to start an airtruk build soon,will be big and i will post pics as soon as things start to happen,scotty302 am lovin your scale gear i will be building something like that for mine
more pics of the airtruk builds out there guy's lets see how they are coming along
Old 03-05-2010, 11:21 PM
scotty302

Airtruk, good luck on the build. Guess you were able to get a set of the plans with out too much hassle. If you're interested in the ultra rugged landing gear, just get a hold of Century Jet Models, they should still have the plans to build some additional gear for you. I'm spending most of the time doing the glassing, sanding and body fill, hope to post some progressing shots soon. Really want to start flying sometime this year but much to be finished on it first.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Tord

Has anyone built a PL-11, the original version of the Bennett AirTruck (which was spellt like that I think)?! Must be one of the ugliest aircraft around :-)! Just a handful were built, I think, and the two first crashed!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:28 PM
scotty302

Haven't seen much as far as the PL 11, better off trying to draw up plans from the photos of the Waitomo version. Keep searching though...
Old 12-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Oberst
Banned

Boy that's an ugly plane, and I thought the Germans made ugly ones.

Pete