Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1840

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: crop duster r/c

Howdy all,

Iam including a picture of what Ifeel is a very unusual setup for a crop duster...even for its day.......It is my fathers HOWARDDGA-15 airplane that he used as a duster and air charter plane as I was growing up as a young boy in south eastern Colorado, USA.....He also used a much more conventional looking setup for another crop duster too......His WACO.....which model I dont recall anymore.
    I would LOVEto locate the HOWARDDGA again to see how it has fared in its life after my father owned it so I applied to the FAA for any and all information on the "N" number on the HOWARD and recieved back every single stitch of paper they had on it.........some 170 odd pages of file on it from its first use as a Military Navy plane to being sold from the War Dept to civilian aircraft use all the way up to my fathers use of it as a converted crop duster with FAA design approval for its conversion of putting liquid tanks inside the cabin w/ the related plumbing and pumps all the way past that era of its life up to 1973 when the FAAde-certified the airframe due to lack of annual reports being filed on it with the FAAfrom the then current owner(s).
    I would LOVE any info or whatever can be sent my way on this unusual setup and/or possibly locating whatever is left of it currently.
    The last known address of ownership was a "Joshua Aviation Inc., located in California City, California and Idiligently tried contacting the regional airport manager and several people that work in and around that area and also the airport manager and several people employed there over in Mojhave, California, to keep an eye out for whatever info or remains of this plane can be found.....but so far to no avail.....ANY information of this 1943 Howard DGA-15 model would be greatly appreciated......the "N" number is as follows...... N5507N......and hopefull someday someone will locate this piece of unusual crop dusting history for me and also for my fathers memory.......enjoy the picture and hopefully I can get a much more recent picture of it soon!!!
    I've included a couple of shots of the WACO also for your pleasure.

Thanks again,
    Mark
    \"There are more planes in the ocean than submarines in the sky\"
    Club Saito Member # 777, Cub Brotherhood #124

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi got the 2 agtractor short kits earlier this year from Hollis Calvert still doing the 72inch one, with the 100inch one just sitting there both are short kits National Balsa has a link to Hollis Calverts web page he keeps changing his web server so you might have to use Nat balsa for link they also carry the ballance of balsa for build take a look at web page heaps of photos of builds just thinking here its called team duster try googling it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have been working on a working spreader of and on and have my template for the main shape. I took the drawings from Transland's web site with the dimensions and scaled them down. I am going to use 1/16TH balsa sheet mostly. I will make another hatch with a holding "hopper" and a sliding gate with a servo. Hopefully gravity, a little vibration and siphon action from the prop-wash blowing through will spread the powder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig12363.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	1613632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xs57144.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	1613633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ze87422.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	1613634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk27387.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	1613635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk30535.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	1613636  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My working hopper....designed by Graham and built by me. Spreads baby powder...
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_16...49/key_/tm.htm
    The entire model (plane) is a Dick Graham design and it flies beautifully.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

See post #1192 for some build pics...
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_16...48/key_/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did the same thing on my duane habets airtractor and it works fine. just make sure the tank is sealed off good or the inside of the fuselage will look like a powdered donut when you land.
    carl h stewart jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bigstew60

I did the same thing on my duane habets airtractor and it works fine. just make sure the tank is sealed off good or the inside of the fuselage will look like a powdered donut when you land.
    Very good point. It would be a nightmare to clean!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys! After one year of hard work I'm happy to show you the successful test flight of PZL Dromader 1:5 Scale with our PRM 150cc 7cylinder radial engine.

Excuse me for video angle... that's my phone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMYL_bVhpwk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX3vpnyB130

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Very sweet plane and flying. Love that engine. Not many of those here in the states. You must make better video. Can`t wait to see it fly again with better cameria. What are the detailes of the plane. Is it scratch built? If so, even sweeter. Here is a link to the video of my AirTractor 401B flying. It is scratch built. Again, nice job. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_xJKmfRDZk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you This aircraft born from a year of work. I designed it.
    I'm a member of new PRM Radial Engines and we decided of test our engines on a slow and simple aircraft with a big surface and a simple weight distribution (short nose).
    The wingspan is about 364cm (12 ft) and fuselage lenght is about 195cm. Final weight is more of 20kg. I'm not sure, but I could control it.
    The thrust of engine is 20kg with 30-10 32-10 props. It run like real engine, from 4300 to 4700rpm in function of propeller installation. The weight of naked engine with battery propeller and ignition is 6kg. This is the right weight, to fly without any CG correction, for a great number of aircraft.
    We also test engine on 20kg SU31 (wingsp. 3m x 3fuselage).
    That's amazing sound it's due to custom exhaust who customer can ask on order.
    For me (I'm 28 years old) It's a real dream who became really, and I'm happy who other modeler make the same dream

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, we are both close in diminsions, on both planes. My wing span is very close to 3.5 meters, and that is becaus I cliped 24 inches off the wings. That helped in heading stability a lot. Next I lengthened the main frame 5 inches from the cockpit back. This agervated the weight and ballance, so next I had to lengthened the engin mounting box some 8 inches. I installed every thing I could think of right behind the engine, and still had to add 4 LBS of lead. I built all the molds for the fiberglass parts, including the Cowl ring. You have to understand that from the begining, I knew this would be a stand off scale plane. But after the lengthoned nose, I almost gave up on my design. It simply changed the looks of the plane too much. I`me glad I did not give up, and went ahead and finished it. Its a realy easy plane to fly. Wing loading is 44 OZ. to 1 square foot. About like a big War Bird. Total length is about 2.5 meters. 8 feet. The construction is foam covered with fiberglass and epoxy, and 3 MM birch plywood. Very little balsa wood in this plane. Cheap to build, but heavy. The width of my pickup truck bed dictated the total span of the horzontal tail, and the heigth of my camper schell dictated the height of the vertical tail. The virtical tail is actualy 3 inches taller than scale, and the horzontal tail is shorter by 13 inches than scale. I had to increse the cord by 6 inches on the horzontal tail to get the aeria back that I lost by shortining it. Other wise I had a plane that would not fit into my truck bed. There is 1.5 deg of washout in the wings. Interesting note, a real AirTractor 802 only has washout in the right wing. Sounds backwards to me, but I have been to tne AirTractor factory, and that is how they build them. I don`t think the 401B had any washout.
    This is my second AirTractor model, the first was true scale, and it flew like crap. I did not use a scale airfoil on the new plane, and that helped. A real AirTractor uses a NACA 4415. This time I used a NACA 0017, it worked a lot better. No trim change from low speed to highspeed. The CG is set at 28% wing cord. Makes for a very stable flying plane.
    Keep up the good work, not a lot of us scratch builters left. By the way, I`me 63 years old.
    Cropduster48

Name:	Ay75882.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	146.4 KB 
ID:	1617859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yu63736.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	1617860   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr42218.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	236.1 KB 
ID:	1617861  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For my wings I used NACA4415 very slow... like real!
    Beautyfull your cropduster! but without 7cylinder!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the return coments. Here are a couple of pictures of my plane tucked away in my truck, ready to go to the flying field. Its a tight fit, but works.
    Cropduster48

Name:	Yw67779.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	1619656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Up48492.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	1619657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bh94804.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	218.9 KB 
ID:	1619658  

And to keep it from rolling off the end gateyou just slide open the topper window and hold onto the rudder with your free hand, right???
    Cub Brother # 186

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I design the AMR airtractor exact scale and i used the NACA4415 airfoil and the plane fly extremely well. The AT401 is a strange design because it have a 4 degrees down thrust on the engine, relative to wing bottom not to the wing incidence. The wing bottom is parallel to the wing bottom. Also, the stab have a 2 degrees up incidence to compensate with the up incidence of the wing with the downthrust of the engine.

When you look at all this, it is quite a clever setup but when setup properly, the plane fly really well.

See this video of the first fligth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNhYNKjRays
    Vincent

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry for the video i dont find the one with the whole fligth.
    Vincent

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is that a hopper kit cut by Tom Martin - TMRC - the guy that was kitting the 1/4 scale Graham Pawnee a few years back? I have one of these in my basement waiting...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello guys,

I am currently building a 110" Agri Duck which looks like a cartoon version of a crop duster and I really wanted to add "functional" sprayers. I've been searching around on the Internet for days and I see that many people have succeeded creating a spray effect by using either a smoke system or baby powder and compressed air (or CO2). I have plenty of experience with smoke pumps, but due to the size of the airplane and the fact that it is built almost entirely out of foam core board I am not sure this would be the best approach. As I am sure you know the smoke oil is quite messy and in this particular case the spray booms will have to become my exhaust and I am not sure how would that affect the way the engine runs. I like the idea about the compressed air and the baby powder, because it sounds simple and inexpensive, but I have limited experience in plumbing air systems in an aircraft. As a matter of fact I've never even owned a plane with air retracts so I am not even sure where to begin with this. I understand the concept, but I am not sure which components to get and how to design the powder reservoir so that the compressed gas would spray the powder. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well to start with you need a plane that can hold 3 large retract air canisters. With is alone will only give you maybe 15 secs of spray, bepending on how many holes and length of your spray bars. This alone takes a long time to get right. This is the problem you need lots of air to move the powder. I don't see this happening in a foam airplane. I used this system in my 110" cropduster and you need a very big plane to hold all the plumping and weight.

Walt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This one flies like a dream even with the OS BGX engine on it.

http://www.rcguys.com/agwagon.html

Almost entirely light ply.
    Back Roads Outlaws Revver #165

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone have an idea as to where I can get a set of plans for the ag 401 radial version of a an ag cat? I have this urge to build a 1/4th scale version of the plane and power it with a twin similar to the one cropduster48 has built. Would prefer to cut parts from plans & work out detail myself rather than working from a kit cutter version. Thanks Gayle

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Devil Inside - I can help you with the plumbing and give you an idea of how you could set up the system......By the way - The Mud Duck is way too underpowered with that Russian '68 your using on it

Give me a call and I can give you more details!!!!

Icarus98

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I drew my own planes from the diminson drawings right off the AirTractor web site. It don`t get any better than that.
    Cropduster48

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice AgCat thread! You might be interested in the rough day this fellow RC Modeler has at the office . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHwkQ8IyOak
    Tiger Flyer #49

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New AirTractor look. New power, DLE 170. I call it the AirTractor Fantasy 201. AirTractor never made a 201.

Name:	Bz78046.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	475.9 KB 
ID:	1661799   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ql35534.jpg 
Size:	266.8 KB 
ID:	1661800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wb77028.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	1661801   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rl25306.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	360.5 KB 
ID:	1661802   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qb36444.jpg 
Size:	414.3 KB 
ID:	1661803  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wn87589.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	328.1 KB 
ID:	1661804  

Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast