Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

B25 Documentation

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

B25 Documentation

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 01:13 AM
Peter G.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B25 Documentation

Can anyone point me to an internet site that has documentaion such as missions etc. on a B25 called the Executive Sweet.

Thanks in advance Peter.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:03 PM
crashchamp1

Default RE: B25 Documentation

I was researching for my B-25 and found this web site with loads of info, http://www.b25.net/
Old 06-17-2005, 11:21 AM
clscale-RCU
My Feedback: (7)

That B-25 is still flying today and www.bobsairdoc.com has pictures if you need that. The restored aircraft has probably changed slightly over the years so be sure the pictures are all taken in the same time frame.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:38 PM
the-plumber

Dunno that 'Executive Sweet' has a war record to speak of, being a TB-25N.

Look up N30801 in the aircraft registry at www.faa.gov and contact the present owners.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:01 PM
crashchamp1

Thanks, Fred
Old 10-26-2011, 12:30 AM
skubacb

I know this is a really old thread but:

I cannot find documentation which includes the nomenclature for access panels and doors. I.E. I can get the info on the bigger stuff. But I would like the lettering for access panels, electrical panels, oil ports etc. Any lettering that was on the outside of the B-25.

Any help out there?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:31 AM
rcphotog

ORIGINAL: skubacb

I know this is a really old thread but:

I cannot find documentation which includes the nomenclature for access panels and doors. I.E. I can get the info on the bigger stuff. But I would like the lettering for access panels, electrical panels, oil ports etc. Any lettering that was on the outside of the B-25.

Any help out there?
Just a suggestion. You might look at one of the better detailed plastic models in 1:48 scale or larger if available. Thirty years ago when I did all of my plastic model building, there were some pretty detailed models and decal sheets available. As I recall there was a company called Microset ? that produced decal sheets sold seperately for 1:72, 1:48, 1:32 etc...

These decal sheets included so much in way of the tiny details you speak of. Plastic model kits are an invaluable resource for the scale R/C builder as all of the research is done for you. You can also see what the surface details look like ie; panel lines, rivet and fastener, fabric, antennia location and gear details like brake lines.

Regards,
Ken.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:15 PM
skubacb

Good idea and I will look again.

I did a search for the full size plane and unknown to me I live only 10 miles away from one. I didn't think the Pima air museum had a B-25 but they do. Now the question is what shape is it in, are all the details there, and can I get close enough to photograph.

Would much prefer something like you suggested or some done with a really sharp expensive camera.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Peter,

This link will help you along your way.

http://www.vg-photo.com/bombers/b25misc.html

What is the size of your model? I'm sure I can help you with some of your needed lettering for it.

Charles
Old 10-28-2011, 01:54 PM
skubacb

Hi,
Thanks for that. I am a little nuts on this. The plane is the Top Flite model so it is only 1/9 scale. So the lettering that I want to do is all the very small stuff. In those pictures you can see some of the bigger lettering just below the cockpit. The B-25 has more lettering on small hatches, electrical access, oil fill, etc.

Funny thing is that the small Top Flite P-51 comes with much of this lettering in their decal package but then doesn't specify where is is to be placed.

For the small stuff I am going to do my own water slide decals since this lettering really needs to lay down on the surface.

When it is all done I will clear coat the entire plane.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2011, 06:22 AM
Fill

This doesn't directly answer your question.
But here's a really nice link to all kinds of info on the 25 right here on this sub channel

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_62..._6/key_/tm.htm