Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

MORRISEY BRAVO

I'm just getting back into the hobby and just purchased a Morrisey Bravo, it has about an 85 in wing span and looks to be put together very well, only hangar rash. Does anyone know anything about this model and ..How I might expect it to fly.......thanks wc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: MORRISEY BRAVO

Hello blue,
    This model is a rock solid flyer and very smooth on the sticks.It was a bit more popular in the late 80's and 90's before all the powerful quarter scale engines
    became common. Its good flight characteristics are due to a great design as well as ample wing area. I believe the model also had optional flaps.Most were powered by the Supertigre 3000 or a Quadra 35.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just think of it as a big Sig Four Star 220. Several in this area use the G38 for more oomph plus smoke. Very nice flying plane with all that dihedral, but the ones at local fly-ins seem to bounce several times on landing.
    Randy
    AMA# 56432

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

rreiss,
    Yes, you are correct int aht they do bounce on the landings.Forgot that one.
    Do you suppose that was because of the stiff aluminum landing gear? What would the correction be ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It must be a combo of stiff gear, lighter airframe and a good lift wing. I've got one here that had been started that I should try to find out for myself. For some reason the real EAA plane never caught on like Van's RV series.
    Randy
    AMA# 56432

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Blue, I have had two Morrisey Bravos, the first was powered with a ST300 .Flew great but did bounce a lot but that could have been the pilot. The second was powered by a US41 and wieghed 22 lb.It also flew great.The first was built by the plans.the second was fully sheeted and fiberglassed.Both were excellant flyers.I now have a new kit in the box,I picked up at a swap meet. Good luck with your plane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gentlemen, I've been reading your posts regarding bounce, does anyone have any suggestions to retard it? I am receiving a Bravo kit and am also looking for a little past experience. Also interested in choices of engines/smoke mufflers used. Any comments welcome.

Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I land mine with a long, flat approaches, keeping a little power. By flying it down, the landings are smooth, with no bounce.

The Bravo is very stable at low speeds. It's easy to slow down too much. When the plane loses flying speed, it falls and then bounces. That's what it looks like to me.

I fly mine with a G38. More than enough power. Balanced right on the money.
    Tom C