Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

OV-1 Mohawk

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 01:39 PM
chines
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OV-1 Mohawk

Well I am stationed at FT Hood TX and I see the OV-1 Mohawk at the 1st cav museum everyday. I think that is what I want to build next " after the 3 on the table are done" Does anyone know of a kit of plans of this? Thanks for your help.

Chris
FOB Headhunter, Iraq
1st Cav
Old 08-03-2004, 02:25 PM
jsevey

Default RE: OV-1 Mohawk

You might email Nick Ziroli. I think I saw an OV-1 he built. His website does not list it, but who knows- you might get lucky.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:09 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

ROGER THAT....I KNOW A source for the plans as I thought about building one as well...The Ov-1 was the Predacessor to the OV-10 Bronco...I have the book on the OV-1 and OV-10...I think it is an awesome and different plane.. the link for the plans is www.vanvan.us he has lots of good detailed plans...THe OV-1 can be ordered in several sizes and is said to be a great 1st twin ....that is all I know............ hope this helps....
Old 08-04-2004, 10:58 AM
chines

Hey thanks alot guys I will get in touch with both of them, I have never done a foam kit but I can try right? I guess I will sweet talk my wife into calling Nick for me because i am in Iraq.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Brian C

Not sure if Nick Ziroli ever built a Mohawk. Pretty sure Dave Platt brought one to Top Gun a few years ago, IIRC it crashed. Dave usually does not offer plans of his "one off" designs, but he might be able to steer you in the right direction.

Keep your head down and come back safely!

Brian
Old 08-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Bruno Stachel
My Feedback: (4)

I saw a Mohawk fly at the Dayton Air Show this year. That is an impressive airplane! It seemed incredibly fast for a prop driven plane. I hope you find and enjoy an RC version. Good luck.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Bruno Stachel
My Feedback: (4)

Here it is:

www.armyav.org/board_ov-1b.htm
Old 08-06-2004, 01:23 PM
badger41

to see a 165" OV-1 go to

www.carlb-rcplanes.com

has a pair of G-62's homemade retracts.scratch made useing Model-Cad and plastic model kit very good performer has the fowler flaps also . the cockpit opens to let out the heat build up as the plane sits out on the flight line. the plane originally painted as seen in Korea ( O.D.) but it got so hot it had to be doing some harm to the electronics so the next season a new color scheme was used all white with red / orange panels as used by an gunnery range clearing a/c
sure solved the heating issue but not the cockpit since it is still o.d. .
check it out
tom
Old 08-07-2004, 12:16 AM
chines

Well Nick said they dont have any OV-1s. Not to sure about foam. Is it really hard? I will try Carl, his plane looks great..Thanks for the help guys!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:33 PM
lynxy51

Chris, Irak check for Black Horse Models they have the OV-1 Mohawk arf kit electric ( [email protected] )