Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

10 ft PC6 Turbo Porter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

10 ft PC6 Turbo Porter

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:44 AM
spadman82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 10 ft PC6 Turbo Porter

i have a very good question. where can i get a set of turbo porter plans on a slim budget? i really would like to build this airplane for the .91 fs and still have all five functions. where can i find these? i have gone to aerfred.com and found some faded plans for a smaller scal porter and it don't think i am going to try to blow them up. they are just too crappy! thanks.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:46 AM
spadman82

if .91 fs size plans are not available, .40-.50 would rock too! thanks again everyone!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 AM
mimoore67
My Feedback: (51)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, great build! Sent you a p.m. requesting some pictures on the elevator setup!

Old 10-21-2008, 05:22 AM
tjmra

Spadman, have a look at the bottom of page 5.

http://www.airbornemagazine.com.au/planHome.htm

Regards
Old 11-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Bankeost

Hi
I am alsoe building af PC6
I have just completed my flaps with slots.
Take a look:

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8114696/tm.htm]Flaps[/link]

I wouldt like to know if your still happy with the R50 engine?
What size prop are you using?

best regards
Old 12-11-2008, 08:30 AM
maxga

Hi there,
I'm from France and i started to built my MRaerodesign PC6 last year.
I was a little bit busy this year so i couldn't work as i would.
But now, i have finished the rudder and elevator.
The fuse is on the way now and well advanced.
I start a web page on my PC6 construction here : [link=http://max.amc77.free.fr/Pages%20HTML/PC6.html]PC6 Max[/link]. I know it would be improvable and i hope to do this when i could .
I saw the nice job of marnochs and i hope to finish mine too as fast as he does .
I've got 3W 75cc but it seems to be a little bit too bigger for the airplane, have you any opinion about that ???
Thanks...
Max
P.S. : Hope my english is not too bad...
Old 12-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Freedomsport

I am building an 80" Porter with a Satio 82.
I was thinking about putting shock absorbers in the under carriage.
Either springs or some simple shocks from a RC car.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-18-2008, 04:10 AM
Aerobatic_Tom

Hi Maxga,

Great to see a building thread again!!! Keep up the great work, I know everyone loves to look at build photos.

Me I am still waiting to get started on mine [&:]
Old 01-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Aerobatic_Tom

marnochs! Could you let me know how yours balanced with your engine?

I have gotten hold of a 3W 70i which is nice and powerfull, but a bit on the heavy side I fear. The engine is approx 2400gr (abot 85oz) or almost exactly 1kg heavier than the Revolution R50. Did you have to weigh yours down in the nose or was it spot on by moving radio/equipment around in the fuse?

Any help greatly appreciated
Old 01-04-2009, 09:27 PM
marnochs

Hi Tom,

Balance is a little on the tail heavy side, Airframe could use about 10oz. on the backside of the engine to make it spot on. When I did a dive test it ever so slightly pitched down. All the radio equipment is per the plan, I did place the 3 Li-Ion batteries up in the front of the Fuselage but they are very light batteries so I dont think it helped much. Make sure and reinforce the nose area/firewall per MR Aerodesign ( post #47 )
Haven't had any problems with the Revolution, I did have some vapor lock after some flying ( engine wouldn't restart after refueling ) but I think the 105 degree outside air temp had a lot to do with it. I installed the prop hub fan and no problems since.

Been working on a side project, I enlarged the TurboPorter plans by 10% , converted it to the orignal lycoming engine cowl, and made it a simple box fuselage - ment for aerotow duties with alittle Poter style - power by Evolution/MVVS 116cc

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki17916.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	397.4 KB
ID:	1103706  
Old 03-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Bankeost

Hi Marnochs

Have you had any chance of towing any gliders after it yet? - and how big gliders?
Im having my concerns on the engine. Is the engine to small for making a "pilatus-climb" - streight to the skyes!

best regards

Anders, Denmark
Old 04-22-2009, 08:44 AM
sean sutherland
My Feedback: (2)

Hi all,
just received an unused set of plans for the MRaerodesign PC-6 Porter and ordered the screen and cowl from Martin. Im hoping we can get the ply laser cut here in Australia as shipping from Canada is more than the Kit cost so trying to keep the costs to a moderate level. Just wondering how i tell if the Plans i have are the newer version or not and if someone can tell me how many pages it should be and what to look for as to the updated version.
If anyone knows of someone in the South East of Queensland or Australia capable of Laser cutting out the Ply Parts for us would be greatly appreciated.

Also if anyone has been unlucky to crash one with the landing gear and or other good usable parts that could help our build we would like to hear from you Just PM me thanks.

Rolls and Loops

Sean
Old 11-06-2009, 09:30 AM
cz-7a

If anyone has one of the MRA porter kits they just haven't got around to building. Please pm me. I'm looking into getting started with building one this winter. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:00 PM
ferincr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Time to bring this thread back from the death :D :D :D

Finally after a lot of procrastinating with mine I decided to get it down from the shelf, dust it off and finish it.
I've been dreading this moment since I'm a mediocre pilot (that's the main reason I didn't want to finish it ) and basically love building so I enjoyed every bit of this project.
Thanks to this thread and specially Marnochs whose Porter was the main inspiration for adding some of the details on mine.
Finishing the radio programming and deciding how much battery juice I need to run it safely so the only weak link is the one standing behind the TX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MZz8xdBPFI
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1187 (Medium).jpg
Views:	106
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	2177653   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1189 (Medium).jpg
Views:	98
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	2177654   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1190 (Medium).jpg
Views:	85
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	2177655   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1192 (Medium).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	2177656  

Last edited by ferincr; 08-20-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:03 PM
allmetal plane
My Feedback: (1)

That is one of the BEST Pilatuses Porter I have ever seen modeled!!

Last edited by allmetal plane; 08-20-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:31 AM
airsteve172

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

As a skydiver, I've had some experience being taken aloft by a Turbo Porter and the first time I ever saw any example of this aircraft was at a drop zone. At the time I had to laugh as I looked it over. It appeared to me to be just about the ugliest thing I'd ever seen that had a pair of wings attached to it.

Ugly as it might be, it's come to earn my repect and admiration and I suspect that the sweet aroma emanating from its turbine might have helped it to gain favor with me.

At times I've even entertained the idea of building a model of one myself, but a turboprop engine ain't cheap and I can't imagine sticking a piston engine into that plane since I'm too familiar with the real aircraft. The sound of a recip engine on that plane would be as ridiculous to me as hearing hoof beats from a car!

If I ever get an excess of coins in my piggy bank, that's the project I want to do. It wouldn't even have to ever take off from the ground. Just the whine of the engine with the propeller beating up the air and the smell of the exhaust would be enough to send my senses to heaven!!!

Last edited by airsteve172; 03-24-2020 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:02 AM
ferincr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by airsteve172
As a skydiver, I've had some experience being taken aloft by a Turbo Porter and the first time I ever saw any example of this aircraft was at a drop zone. At the time I had to laugh as I looked it over. It appeared to me to be just about the ugliest thing I'd ever seen that had a pair of wings attached to it.

Ugly as it might be, it's come to earn my repect and admiration and I suspect that the sweet aroma emanating from its turbine might have helped it to gain favor with me.

At times I've even entertained the idea of building a model of one myself, but a turboprop engine ain't cheap and I can't imagine sticking a piston engine into that plane since I'm too familiar with the real aircraft. The sound of a recip engine on that plane would be as ridiculous to me as hearing hoof beats from a car!

If I ever get an excess of coins in my piggy bank, that's the project I want to do. It wouldn't even have to ever take off from the ground. Just the whine of the engine with the propeller beating up the air and the smell of the exhaust would be enough to send my senses to heaven!!!
Good for you!!!!
But let me tell you, no matter what you do or how much money you spend on it there will always be someone that will find something to criticize what you've done. (don't ask me how I know...) anyway I just built this one for the pleasure of building it within my possibilities (economic and availability) more that the idea of flying it so it flew a couple of times (very nicely) and since it was becoming a hangar queen I sold it so somebody else could enjoy it (and he seems pretty happy with it, specially when it comes down from a full gallop into a nice final canter and trot for a landing).