Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

.25 Scale Fw-190

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

.25 Scale Fw-190

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 02:11 AM
mhm21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .25 Scale Fw-190

HI! This is my first post and with that i bring you my "new" project. The basic premise is to enlarge the guillows fw-190 plans as a basic starting point and change it all!!! As of now I have designed the wing and cut one test panel to test my prowess with my new foam cutter. The basic specs are wing area = 370 in^2, wing span = 44 in, power will come in the form of a .25 OS LA that i have had lying around. The plans were scaled around the wing design to give an acceptable wing loading of around 21 - 22 oz/ft^2 which also (thankyou Kurt Tank) yielded an acceptable tail moment arm and tail surface areas. Would love to know how to go about forming a canopy and/or cowl. Will post pictures if intrested.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:01 AM
triflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: .25 Scale Fw-190

Wing Manufacturing has a pre-formed cowl and blisters and also a canopy for their .25-.40 sized FW190 that you may be able to use or adapt that can be purchased seperately from their short kit. They may also be able to make a custom cowl and canopy if you provide the mold or plug. They are very nice and easy to deal with people there. Check out their web site for more info.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Bill G

Default RE: .25 Scale Fw-190

I built a 54" wing span Guillows fw-190.
The Wing MFG kit is 54" also, which you could probably use parts from.
For my cowl, I bought a $5 surplus cowl from a Hobby Shop, which I believe was from a Sukhoi. I cut it down, and it fit perfectly. Robart makes an inexpensive fixed landing gear strut, which fits and looks good. Is this project still going?