Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

GP Shoestring 1/4 scale

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

GP Shoestring 1/4 scale

Old 01-18-2012, 05:27 PM
skrez
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Shoestring 1/4 scale

Hi Guys,
I just picked up a new in box GP Shoestring Racer 1/4 scale arf and was wondering what would be a good engine choice? I have a Tower pro 75 that I can use with a pitts muffler, but would that be enough power? Would an os 90 or 120 ax be a better choice? I been away from glow engine s for a few years and been flying mostly electrics but could not resist this 1/4 scale Shoestring. Thanks in advance for your help.
Frank
Old 01-18-2012, 06:43 PM
pdansalvish
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GP Shoestring 1/4 scale

What's your intentions with the Shoestring, everyday sport flying or racing. I flew mine with an very old OS 61 FS. Plenty of power for everyday flying. Put over 200 flights on the plane and engine, before I sold it and purchased another one. Just add a little wood in the landing gear area and you will be set to go. OBTW, I had to use 2 ounces of weight in the tail to get mine to balance with teh OS61. Therefore, my recommendation is the Tower Hobbies engine.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

I also have an OS 61 in mine. With a Pitts style muffler all fits in the cowl. Plenty of power. A friend has an OS 1.20 4 stroke in his. I don't see much difference. As Above, use the Tower Engine.
BTW, it's a great flyer.

steve
Old 01-18-2012, 08:06 PM
skrez

Thanks guys for the replys. I won`t be racing, just a everyday flyer. The Tower 75 looks like it may be a good choice.
thanks,
Frank
Old 01-19-2012, 03:07 AM
skrez

BTY, what were people doing to beef-up the landing gear area? Just gluing plywood inside the fuse?
Frank