Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

33% Super Cub flying weight?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

33% Super Cub flying weight?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 07:17 AM
HHjul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33% Super Cub flying weight?

Hello Scale fans,

Please tell me your opinion, is it possible to build a 33% Super Cub so light that the final flying weight stays under 33,0 lbs (15,0 kg)?The weight limit comes from FAI F4C Scale competition class I like to participate.

I would like to build a 33% Super Cub as my next scale project, I have Balsa USA plans which I will use as a basic reference. Of course, the structure is "ultra-heavy" here and there, I think it should be possible by building the tail lighter than plan shows (to avoid tail-heavy characteristics), by using a light glow engine (Saito´s new FA-220 single?) and using a smaller-dimension balsa where possible.

Balsa USA tells the weight of finished 1/3 Super to be 30-35 lbs, is it just too optimistic???

Rgds, Hannu
Old 05-03-2005, 12:59 PM
grandslam
My Feedback: (181)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 33% Super Cub flying weight?

I have a 1/3 scale Balsa USA Super Cub and it weights 33 pounds.

It is powered by a Quadra 50 and it flies scale.

You can see pictures of my Super cub in my Gallery. Go to the Photo Gallery of RCU and type in my member name of "grandslam"