Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pilot kit (OK Model) Staggerwing plans needed!

Got this great old kit recently and it's missing the plans. If anyone has a used, useable set of can get me a copy, please email me or post here and I'll make it worth your while. I'm posting this request in a couple of other forums too.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf99294.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	301356  
    \"Bearcat\" Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Pilot kit (OK Model) Staggerwing plans needed!

is this the same kit as the aristocraft-staggerwing-if so I have them
    \"IF YOU HAVE TOO MANY AIRPLANES -FLY BOLDLY AND REDUCE YOUR NUMBER\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jim, Thanks for the reply but no they're not the same.

The quest continues...
    \"Bearcat\" Dave

Hey everyone,

I would be interested in a copy of the plans as well for the OK Models Staggerwing. I would be willing to pay for a copy. Hey DAVE G, is this the kit that was on ebay a week or so ago?

Don

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don, the one on ebay had plans included.

I'm gonna need to check into something. Besides the reply here, I've had a couple of people email me and state that Aristo-Craft became Pilot and the Aristo-Craft plans should be the same.

I'd still like to have a set of Pilot plans for this kit since it's going into my collection and will probably only be "cloned" if ever built.
    \"Bearcat\" Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Couldn't you contact the eBay member who won the auction and ask him to copy the plans for you? Modelers are an obliging bunch so I feel sure he would accomdate you if you explain your situation.
    Howard

ΧĪÎšĪƒĪ„áŋˇ ĪƒĪ…ÎŊÎĩĪƒĪ„ÎąáŊģĪĪ‰Îŧαι·

Bearcat Dave,

If you get your hands on a set of OK Pilot plans I would like a copy as well. If you would not mind passing the information along to me I would greatly appreciate it. I will do some looking of my own as well to see what I can find. If I hit on something, I will surely let you know.

Don Armstrong

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lightfoot- That auction on ebay was a few weeks ago and has been deleted from my watch list a long time ago. Good idea though.

Don- I'll keep you in line for a copy if you'll keep me in mind too.

As mentioned in the first post of this thread, I copied this thread (word for word) and created an identical thread in a few other forums. Almost immediately I got an email from RCU (I think the moderator) saying I couldn't do that since it uses up space. He was polite about it. He explained though, that after some time I could request that this thread be moved (in it's entiriety) to a different forum.
    Don, maybe you could start an identical (I mean similar) thread in the Antique forum and after this weekend, I'll have this one moved to the Scale forum. Hopefully the teacher won't scold us. Let me know so I don't move this to the same forum that you have a request in.

Another piece of news is I checked, part for part, this Pilot Staggerwing kit against my Aristo-Craft Staggerwing kit and there are no similarities. Not even the wing ribs. The cowls are different too. The Aristo-Craft kit was designed as a control line and would need the expected conversion for R/C. The Pilot kit was designed as an R/C kit from the beginning. I double checked this with my Pilot F3F kit (that has plans). Aristo-Craft may have become Pilot, but the planes sure are different.

Come on guys, somebody has to know someone who has this kit! Do I need to post a finders reward? [sm=lol.gif]

\"Bearcat\" Dave

"Bearcat" Dave,

I took care of the post in the Vintage and Antique RC Forum. Hopefully we will get a hit on something in a couple of days or so.

As for the kit that was on ebay a few weeks ago, I live in San Antonio and the kit for sale was in Houston, where I was going to go that weekend to visit family. I was hoping to win that auction but someone keep topping everyones bid and ran the item up over $200.00 in the first few days, so I just gave up on it. I think the winner may have be over seas if I remember right. I think there is a way to look up old items and get information about the buyer and seller. I will look and let you know what I find.

Don

Hey "Bearcat" Dave,

I had got an email reply from the seller of the kit on ebay the first of this month. I have emailed him again and asked if he could get us in contact with the winner of the kit or if he still has it can he get us a copy of the plans. The item number for that kit for sale was 5984421803. I will let you know what he says.

Don

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This thread has run its course in the Kit Building forum with no real results. Maybe the scale builders can help these guys.
    Howard

ΧĪÎšĪƒĪ„áŋˇ ĪƒĪ…ÎŊÎĩĪƒĪ„ÎąáŊģĪĪ‰Îŧαι·

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dave G
    I'm gonna need to check into something. Besides the reply here, I've had a couple of people email me and state that Aristo-Craft became Pilot and the Aristo-Craft plans should be the same.

I second this. I got the Aristo-Craft Stag on Ebay a few months back, and the plans have the Pilot logo on them! Same kit, same plans.

Dgliderguy Don.
    Glider junkies creed: No glider, no lift, no reason to live.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dgliderguy, As I mentioned before my Aristo-Craft Plans have nothing in common with the Pilot kit. It seems your Aristo-Craft kit has the pilot plans. Can you (please) post an overall shot of the plans here on the thread and I'll compare them to my plans. If they say Pilot on 'em (my have Aristo-Craft) these may be what I'm looking for. If you'd rather, I'll pull my Aristo-Craft kit out again and post a photo of the plans first.

Thanks
    \"Bearcat\" Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don, Here's a few pictures of the Staggerwing plans from my Aristo-Craft kit. Would you please compare them to yours and if there appears to be a big enough difference I'll make arrangements to buy a copy of yours. Sorry the pictures aren't as clear as could be, but hopefully you'll be able to see the important "stuff".

Name:	Ay75404.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	449.3 KB 
ID:	306766   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ws56381.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	380.9 KB 
ID:	306767   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ej14752.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	353.7 KB 
ID:	306768   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fy71966.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	372.0 KB 
ID:	306769  
    \"Bearcat\" Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dave,

We are on to something here. My plans definitely say "OK Models" on them (not Pilot, I was mistaken about that). AND, my plans do not show a C/L model, they are for R/C. AND, they look different from yours, but are the same size (41" span).

I think what we need to do here is to trade plans copies. I would like to have yours to compare against mine, and vice versa, don't you think? Don Armstrong, you will want to get in on this, too, I expect.

Don.

P.S. I measured the wingspan on the plans, and each wing half is 22.75 inches, for a total span of 45 1/2 inches. The fuselage, from firewall to end of rudder is 33 1/2 inches, for a total length of 37 inches from front of cowl to end of rudder. The plans title block says a span of 41" and a length of 48", but the box label says 40" and 33.5". Go figure...

Name:	Nk28159.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	308211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fa86007.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	308212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ns44834.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	308213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zt52391.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	308214   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rc41614.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	308215  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gw29441.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	308216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fh82312.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	308217   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sr60494.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	308218  
    Glider junkies creed: No glider, no lift, no reason to live.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Those look much more promising. I think the search may be over!

If in case the wingspan difference wasn't a clue to the "change over"... the plans call it an "R" model and the box label says "S". I've never even heard of an "S" model Staggerwing, but at this point, who cares!

I'll send an email to iron out the details.
    \"Bearcat\" Dave