Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Lubbock TX September Events STILL ON!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Lubbock TX September Events STILL ON!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 02:08 PM
shanksow
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lubbock TX September Events STILL ON!

EXTRA! EXTRA!

READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Lubbock Texas has taken in some of the hurrican refugees and are housing them out at the T-1 Hangar at Reese Technology Center. We have just been informed by the people in power out there, that our club cannot go out and fly our model airplanes for the next two to three weeks.

This puts a crip into our two events for this month.

The Electric Fun Fly schedule for Sept. 10th and our Scale Fly-In (on Sept. 24th) are STILL GOING TO BE HELD!

Location will be at our old flying site(FM179 Field or as it is now known as Davis Field) which is one mile East of Reese Technology Center. And the old field is halfway between west 19th and west 4th streets. We will put up signs directing out of town visitors to the new event locations.

If you were planning on attending either one of these events, please do so. Thankyou.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:38 PM
shanksow
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lubbock TX September Events STILL ON!

Update! Update! Update!

The last 12 hours were kinda gloomy for us here in Lubbock. The Feds didn't want any model airplanes out at Reese in the beginning. But Eric Williams of the Reese Technology Center, went to bat for us and as far as the Scale Fly-In is concerned, it is STILL ON for Sept. 24th!

I say again, The Scale Meet at Reese is Still a GO for Lift-Off!

Our location on the base has changed however because of the Feds. They didn't want any passerbyers gawking at the evacuees(sp?) currently bedding down in the T-1 Hanger on the north end of the ramp at Reese. I was told this evening that more than likely, the Scale Fly-In event will be moved to the southwest corner of the field now. Not at the location where we had just held our 6th Annual T-38 Jet Rally(which was the North end of the center runway).

The Electric event however will remain at FM179/Davis Field on Sept. 10th.