Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

"Old time" scale biplane

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

"Old time" scale biplane

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 11:43 AM
GregG7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Old time" scale biplane

Folks,

This winter I would like to build a scale vintage biplane. I was think of something like a Fleet biplane, or a Great Lakes Biplane, or something similar. I wanted to model a biplane that has an open cockpit and maybe a radial engine. I would like for it to be sized so I could fly it with a G-23, or 120 four-stroke. I am more interested in general aviation aircraft, rather than military aircraft, and I want a kit that I have to build, not an ARF.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 09-22-2005, 12:27 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: "Old time" scale biplane

Proctor Enterprises will be selling their Fleet Bi-plane pretty soon. I know they have the proto type built and flying and they are gearing up for production. You may shoot them an email or call them for a better idea of delivery times.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:15 AM
GregG7

Thanks for the lead BobH. I sent Proctor an e-mail and it sounds like it will be a little while longer before they are ready to release their Fleet biplane. Here is what they said:

"It is true we are well on our way to finishing the 1/4 Scale Fleet. It is however a somewhat long process and with the ARF climate in the industry, quite risky. We are however at least a year away from final release. Keep an eye on or website for information in the future. The price has not been determined as of yet, it will probably be in the $895 area."

I did find that Concept Models produces a fleet biplane, and Ikon N-west produces some nice waco biplanes. I'll deceide in a week or so, then go ahead and order my winter project.

Greg
Old 09-23-2005, 06:29 AM
Mike Denest
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might look at the Flair PT-17. There's a bunch of full scale out there with civilian paint schemes and P&W R-985 engines. Not all of them are blue and yellow.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:47 AM
Helijack

I know you said you want a gas or large engine such as a radial, but I cannot expound enough on how nice the Proctor Jenny is. Almost no sanding, and on this model picutred here, the extras I had to buy were the wire wheels, covering, engine and fuel tank. That Laser they sell is just cool as heck, runs best on no nitro, no tank pressure.

Anyhow the bipe flys really sweet and looks so cool in the air. Here is a pic, can't figure out how to load them here
http://www.scalerchelis.com/gallery/...ny9_15_05_006A

Jack
Old 09-23-2005, 06:52 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you can find one, the Pica 1/5 WACO is a good flyer with either motor that you mentioned.