Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

96" YAK-3U

Old 12-21-2010, 06:18 PM
all4scale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96" YAK-3U

Gday Guys

I have been reading a forum recenlty about the new ARF 96" YAK-3U. The forum got quite heated and was then locked. I would just like to clear the air for some people. I know this due to the fact that I am currently building one of the Demo YAK-3U. The Original desing and paint scheme were of the YAK-3U with the number 33 on the side. We advised the factory that this was the wrong color scheme as the one with 33 on the side had a intake scoop on the nose of the aircraft. Now there are two vesions on this aircraft, one with a scoop on the nose and another without the scoop. The aircraft modeled is now painted in the scheme with the Number 27 on the side and the Rego id F-AZIM. I can confirm this as the model i am putting together is painted in this scheme. I will have photos of this model as soon as it is completed in the next week or so. I am just waiting on an engine for it.
Some of the other things I read is how out of scale it is. Well to be honest and I did see one reply from a guy there which i did agree on, is that these are not top prize winning planes. These are large scale model replicating an aircraft for a very cheap price. If you want to complain about the wings not being the right shape or the tail is incorrect then go build one yourself. These are targeted for the modeler who enjoy just going down to the field and flying thier large scale warbird and just enjoying the pleasure of flying it.
I hope this has answered a few roumors and questions.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	qo41309.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	598.5 KB
ID:	1537107  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
zx72128.bmp (3.15 MB, 12 views)
Old 12-21-2010, 07:02 PM
all4scale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 96