Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Airworld is now available in the US

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Airworld is now available in the US

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 01:41 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Airworld is now available in the US

Full-scale UglySticks??? Aarrrrggghhh! I want a full scale KingKat.

Dudes, give John a break up in here already. I hope you arse clowns weighed in with your copyright infringement issues on the the Jet Legend/Skymaster threads too...or are you only passionate about a subject if you have some sort of remote connection?

Stop playing the 'stick-in-the-mud' role already.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:05 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good info John, look forward to seeing the R3 for sure!

you know how it works here Paul. John being the good guy he is, is always wrong
or an evil doer of some sorts
Old 12-19-2005, 07:15 PM
allanflowers

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

The top image was found with a Google search and was posted online by Mirco in June 2004. The bottom is the Airworld R-3 done by Striecher of STO. I do not know the history or timing of his project but, if it doesn't predate Mirco's, he would appear to be in difficulty with regard to infringement. How that would filter down to Airworld Germany or Airworld USA is hard to say but this is NOT a trivial matter and it IS worth discussion, clown arse or not.
Allan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98983.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	372857  
Old 12-19-2005, 07:26 PM
allanflowers

Incidently, the following is the TEXT accompanying Mirco's drawing in June04. I think it is clear that this was not a historic design but his "fantasy plane". Anyone copying the design from this source could hardly claim it was inadvertant.
Allan
06-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone....
There is a profile of a fictionary "new" Gee Bee...
Retrò line and american spirit in this my "fantasy plane".
I just start to cut the rib for a scale R/C model.
Just for fun.

Sorry for my english...

Mirco
Old 12-19-2005, 08:17 PM
taprackflip
My Feedback: (29)

Obviously John and Airworld-USA has nothing to do with the allegations you are making! If you are so intent on finding the "TRUTH", I suggest you contact the company STO in Germany who designed the Airplane.

Congratulations John! You have an awesome product line!
Old 12-19-2005, 08:42 PM
taprackflip

Look what I found.

Name:	Bz77502.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	372922   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44853.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	372923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99710.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	372924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey70686.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	372925  
Old 12-19-2005, 08:53 PM
allanflowers

Perhaps John would provide the contact information on STO. I was unable to find any e-mail or website for them (or for Mr. Striecher)
IF there was an improper usage of Mirco's design (assuming his claim is correct, which I am not absolutely sure - just think it may be), then the first question is whether it was intentionally ripped off or picked up inadvertanently- thinking it represented a historic design from the Granville Bros. In the first case, the word "scum" would apply fully. In the latter case the INTENT would be relatively innocent although there still might be a penalty.
The second question is who else might have profited from the (possible) improper usage. Again, if this is the case, their intent and knowledge beforehand is important.
I assume that Airworld USA (and John) had no prior knowledge of this issue. Whether the people at Airworld Germany were aware, I do not know but they are certainly much closer to STO. They may even be the same as STO for all I know.
In any case, Airworld (Germany & USA) are involved in this & MAY be found to be liable to some degree. I think it is to their benefit to address this if they can. When a company takes on a product like this, they become partially responsible... like it or not. For example, if a product is unsafe and kills someone, and the distributors knew it - they are in trouble.
Allan Flowers (that's my actual NAME, not some cute handle to hide behind)
Old 12-19-2005, 09:27 PM
taprackflip

Gee Alan I thought your name was a cute handle
Old 12-20-2005, 08:38 AM
BHunn3

The thing I don't understand is why a third party individual is trying to stir all this up. What does he have to gain. If Mirco has an axe to grind, let him do it. Until I see a first person complaint this is just another of those sour grapes threads that get started all to often her on RCU.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:58 AM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's all the fuss about. Practically every RC plane on the market is a "copy" of something. Heck, there has already been a "real" R-3 designed by Keith Rider back in the 30's.

Name:	Sq46865.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	373170  
Old 12-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Potawatomi13

ORIGINAL: GeeBeeJim

ORIGINAL: Potawatomi13

I've seen Mircos designs in real life and know that he is working with an American firm(from my own personal contact) to build a full scale R3

Bill Kohler
But here is a guy claiming that a full scale R-3 is being built. Will it then be legal ?

> Jim
[8D] Jim and all;
Mirco said in a post either elsewhere in RCU forums or on the AAFO website(or possibly in an answer to one of my personal emails to him) (Sorry for my faulty memory as I've been following the R3 since august when I saw it on AAFO forums) that Kimball Aircraft in Florida will be building it. I emailed them and they verified that they will be building it and working on this with Mirco. It has not been started YET[:'(], unfortunately.
If needed I can probably find the info I was sent(or read otherwise)as verification.
Sincerely, Bill Kohler
Old 12-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Ed

ORIGINAL: Potawatomi13

I emailed them and they verified that they will be building it and working on this with Mirco. It has not been started YET[:'(], unfortunately.
If needed I can probably find the info I was sent(or read otherwise)as verification.
Sincerely, Bill Kohler
Thanks for clearing that up Bill. Now there will be a "Build Project" worth following !

> Jim
Old 12-23-2005, 05:49 AM
Potawatomi13

ORIGINAL: GeeBeeJim

Maybe you could urge Ken Shapiro to have one in the raffle at Castle.
[&:]I absolutely agree with this idea! If you can set it up then I'll buy a bunch of tickets long distance. Where's Castle?

Old 12-23-2005, 10:18 AM
t_burley

Castle AFB is in Atwater, California. North of Modesto
Old 12-23-2005, 01:39 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Todd,

I will be there also. Would be cool to win a kit like that[&:]

Do you have the dates, I want to add them to my events calendar
Old 12-23-2005, 03:20 PM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GOT TO BE A LAWYER, WHO ELSE WOULD GET SO BENT ON INTERNATIONAL TRIVIAL PURSUITS?

ORIGINAL: allanflowers

Perhaps John would provide the contact information on STO. I was unable to find any e-mail or website for them (or for Mr. Striecher)
IF there was an improper usage of Mirco's design (assuming his claim is correct, which I am not absolutely sure - just think it may be), then the first question is whether it was intentionally ripped off or picked up inadvertanently- thinking it represented a historic design from the Granville Bros. In the first case, the word "scum" would apply fully. In the latter case the INTENT would be relatively innocent although there still might be a penalty.
The second question is who else might have profited from the (possible) improper usage. Again, if this is the case, their intent and knowledge beforehand is important.
I assume that Airworld USA (and John) had no prior knowledge of this issue. Whether the people at Airworld Germany were aware, I do not know but they are certainly much closer to STO. They may even be the same as STO for all I know.
In any case, Airworld (Germany & USA) are involved in this & MAY be found to be liable to some degree. I think it is to their benefit to address this if they can. When a company takes on a product like this, they become partially responsible... like it or not. For example, if a product is unsafe and kills someone, and the distributors knew it - they are in trouble.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:22 PM
allanflowers

Got something against lawyers?

ORIGINAL: MANFRED

GOT TO BE A LAWYER, WHO ELSE WOULD GET SO BENT ON INTERNATIONAL TRIVIAL PURSUITS?

ORIGINAL: allanflowers

Old 12-23-2005, 06:47 PM
t_burley

kewl, look forward to seeing you guys John. maybe let ya flat spin the PCM 109

here is the info:
-------------------------

California

Chap. 679 - "IMAA Rally of Giants" - May 25, 26, 27 & 28, 2006

LF $20 reg 8am fly 9am RV SF Paved food/bev no hookups, RV dump station available, camping for entire event $20, Night Flying, Vendors, Raffle, Breakfast & Lunch available, Sat Night BBQ. at Castle Air Museum. Turbines welcome, Open cockpit day at the Museum. Located: Castle Airport, Atwater, CA Just East of Hwy 99 Gates open Wed., 10AM. NO EARLY ARRIVALS PLEASE!
Contact: Ken Shapiro 721 Evelyn Ave Albany, CA 94706 (510) 524-6169
E-mail: [email protected] CELL (510) 414-4953

-------------------------------

""Got something against lawyers? ""

only the trivial pursuit, ambulance chasin, liberal that have nothing to do lawyers.

OTT, my lawyer is rather nice
Old 12-23-2005, 10:26 PM
allanflowers

>>>>ORIGINAL: Potawatomi13
I emailed them and they verified that they will be building it and working on this with Mirco. It has not been started YET , unfortunately.
Sincerely, Bill Kohler

Thanks for clearing that up Bill. Now there will be a "Build Project" worth following !
> Jim (GeeBee Jim)<<<<

It would be ironic if the creation of a full scale version of Mirco’s Gee Bee R-3 design actually added value to the knock-off versions, by validating them as a true “scale” models.
Of course it would also be ironic if Mirco then won his case and Airworld/STO had to cough up royalties for appropriating this design in the first place.

>>>>“GOT TO BE A LAWYER, WHO ELSE WOULD GET SO BENT ON INTERNATIONAL TRIVIAL PURSUITS?”<<<<
> Manfred

I am not an attorney so moronic cheap shots don’t matter anyway.
Allan
Old 12-23-2005, 10:55 PM
-JC-

Will definately be there Todd.

If the Fw-190 survives Top Gun, I will return your generous offer with some heavy metal, 5 cylinder radial stick time.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:05 PM
t_burley

suweeet John. the FW should survive, I've seen your flying.
as long as its foggy, and a low ceiling, you should be all good

now, lets see that bad asssssss R3 soon

also John, we (TTG) should be on the front vendor row with our RCSB stuff.
we will be there with Nigel Tarvin from Canada. Gary Heathcoat (the owner of Al Masters stuff)
Chuck Graves from Warbird colors, and Vance Moshure of Vanguard Vancouver plans.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:06 AM
-JC-

Actually, I will be flying an L-39 Albatros in Top Gun. The FW190 will be flown by a well known Warbird guy.

Lets plan something for Castle. Are jets OK there also?
Old 12-24-2005, 12:26 AM
t_burley

you know John, I dont know about the jets? I will get with you back channels
about Castle. I will check with Ken Shapiro also about the Jets. I actually dont
remember many over the past 3 years I have been there.

I do remember there was a red Mig there 3 years ago.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:07 AM
Ed

John, IMAA Regs say that Jets need to be 140"; that's a total of wing span + fuselage length combined.

And I'll be in the second row back of CD trailer, across from JavaJoe's.

> Jim
Old 12-24-2005, 01:13 AM
t_burley

Jim is easy to find. great guy, with a passion for ARF's.[8D]

Merry Christmas buddy, look forward to seeing you in 5 months

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.