Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Airworld is now available in the US

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Airworld is now available in the US

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 12:22 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airworld is now available in the US

just read this in the Jets forum. Looks like there is a new
great vendor here in the States for us now

http://www.airworld-usa.com/
Old 12-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Ed

Default RE: Airworld is now available in the US

Nice site Sir. This Gee Bee R-3 caught my attention.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25977.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	371845  
Old 12-17-2005, 11:07 PM
t_burley

that GeeBee R3 is awsume isnt it Jim!

wouldnt mind that myself [8D]
Old 12-17-2005, 11:23 PM
Ed

Maybe you could urge Ken Shapiro to have one in the raffle at Castle.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23813.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	371883  
Old 12-17-2005, 11:43 PM
t_burley

ya, I'll call him on Monday, and get it all worked out!
Old 12-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Ed

Old 12-18-2005, 12:45 PM
allanflowers

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

This is potentially VERY disturbing. First of all, it is a fabulous design. Apparently it is not an historic design but rather a modern fantasy based on the classic Gee Bees of the thirties.
The disturbing thing is that an Italian named Mirco Pecorari said he designed it and the Airworld people STOLE the design from him. I do not see any mention of him on their site at all. If they stole the design, they are absolute scum. If Pecorari did design the thing, he is a genius.
There is a thread on the subject at: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_35...tm.htm#3599922
I guess we will have to wait and see how this comes out but I am inclined, at this point, to believe Pecorari.
Allan
Old 12-18-2005, 02:26 PM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's not a scale anything.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:15 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Guys,

I have also read the interesting Italian story.

Just wanted to make it clear that Airworld did NOT steal any design. Airworld bought the finished product from the German company STO and the plane is designed by Horst Streicher.

Just wanted to clarify before someone starts another of those crazy unsubstantiated internet stories
Old 12-18-2005, 05:25 PM
allanflowers

John,
I assume from your message that STO is the manufacturer and Striecher works for STO?
The Airworld USA and Airworld Germany site both strongly imply that the R-3 was a historic design, "discovered" by Horst and made into a scale model. I do not believe this design existed at all in the thirties. Its themes are classic Gee Bee but its dna is not at all.
What do you think happened here? Did Mirco Pecorari come up with the original design or not?
Allan
Old 12-18-2005, 09:25 PM
-JC-

Hi Allan,

I don't know the story behing the R3, if plans excisted or not.

My response was to the "scum" remark. The prototype/manufacturing rights was purchased by Airworld from German company STO. So, therefore it would be highly unfair to say that Airworld stole the design. And, if this Italian guy designed the model, how come no model ever came out of Italy. Sounds fishy to me,

In any event, the plane is available and looks and flies awesome. And, if there are any copyright questions, it is a matter between the Italian guy and the company who sold it to Airworld. I will have the first R3 kits here in about 4 - 5 weeks. Will post an online build when we get one started.

Thanks
Old 12-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

John,

Really nice quality looking planes at AW-USA!

Will you have a walk in showroom?

-Tom
Old 12-18-2005, 10:03 PM
allanflowers

After a pretty thorough search, I will state this is NOT a historic design, therefore the assertions on the AirWorld site that it is a "scale" model are FALSE. That has nothing to do with a copywrite dispute between the German and the Italian guy.
Secondly, if AirWorld purchased manufacturing rights to a stolen design, then they may find themselves in the middle of an authorship dispute afterall.
John, I have always enjoyed and been impressed by your incredible photographs. They are truly fantastic. How would you feel if you found your photo images being sold for profit by someone without your approval?
I would assume that Airworld had no idea that this was happening and may have been victimized too, if the Mirco allegations prove to be true - which of course is still undetermined.
Allan

ORIGINAL: John Christensen

Hi Allan,

My response was to the "scum" remark. The prototype/manufacturing rights was purchased by Airworld from German company STO. So, therefore it would be highly unfair to say that Airworld stole the design. And, if this Italian guy designed the model, how come no model ever came out of Italy. Sounds fishy to me,

In any event, the plane is available and looks and flies awesome. And, if there are any copyright questions, it is a matter between the Italian guy and the company who sold it to Airworld. I will have the first R3 kits here in about 4 - 5 weeks. Will post an online build when we get one started.

Thanks
Old 12-18-2005, 11:40 PM
-JC-

Hi Tom,

Yes, we are planning a showroom to open in Spring. We need to build a bunch of planes first to have something the show

Allan, I will do a little research regarding the scale or not scale issue. The copyright issue I am not going to loose any sleep over since it is probably just internet chatter.

Anyway, scale or not... it is one of the sexiest race planes I have ever seen. looking forward to flying one with the 215 cc radial.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:54 AM
Potawatomi13

ORIGINAL: allanflowers

John,
I assume from your message that STO is the manufacturer and Striecher works for STO?
The Airworld USA and Airworld Germany site both strongly imply that the R-3 was a historic design, "discovered" by Horst and made into a scale model. I do not believe this design existed at all in the thirties. Its themes are classic Gee Bee but its dna is not at all.
What do you think happened here? Did Mirco Pecorari come up with the original design or not?
Allan
[:'(] Funny that s-t-o are the first 3 letters of stolen.
I'm with Mirco and will be interested to see how all of this shakes out legally. Like the plane a lot but don't appreciate in the least that it's ONLY available as a [:@]$3500 kit and there's no plans available for mere mortals. With plans we could make changes where lines are not appealing to us.
Bill Kohler
Old 12-19-2005, 03:02 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

John, I am a radial engine lover and I dearly hope you will bring that out to the Basin and post here so we all know to show up!!

Regarding that psuedo GB, I think it is a very cool looking back to the future retro design but I would have to paint it in a modern sick airbrush scheme! [>:]
Old 12-19-2005, 03:12 AM
Potawatomi13

ORIGINAL: John Christensen

Hi Allan,

Thanks
Actually John I would think that at the very least Airworld Germany[:'(]would be guilty of receiving/buying stolen goods/designs in buying from STO. As Mirco has never mentioned this STO I seriously wonder how much truth there is to their involvement in the first place. It looks to me like Airworld[:'(]is just trying to confuse the issue.

I've seen Mircos designs in real life and know that he is working with an American firm(from my own personal contact)to build a full scale R3 and I can't seriously believe anyone else designed it for a minute in light of these facts.
I hope he gets all profits from Airworld[:'(]and anyone else selling this design as well as a healthy settlement and you'd probably be wise not to touch it at all.
Bill Kohler
Old 12-19-2005, 10:09 AM
t_burley

geez, someone sure has their panties all bunched up this morning

I think it all has something to do with Jimmy Hoffa
Old 12-19-2005, 10:57 AM
viperkill

gee! nice post. way to try and drag this company through the dirt by digging up a two year old post. if you buddy thinks he designed the plane, where is the proof or injunction?
I like how you use the word Scum, what are your real intentions here? do you rep for another company?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:22 AM
-JC-

Bill,

Your idea is excellent. Since every single scale model produced in our hobby is a copy of something somebody else designed, all kit compaines worldwide should pay all their profits to the original designers or any dude who comes along and claim design rights

I will get right on that Bill. First thing I will do this morning is to mail a check to the Grumman Company for the Panthers and Cougars I sold last week. Then I will try to locate the SPAD company in France and get them a check also. I am sure every other kit company in the world is going to follow my example.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Ed

ORIGINAL:

The Airworld USA and Airworld Germany site both strongly imply that the R-3 was a historic design, "discovered" by Horst and made into a scale model.
John Cristensen, as a spokesperson for Airworld, I hope that you will make an effort to confirm that the R-3 is a SCALE design. If it is to be used in Scale events, then it must be a model of a full scale aircraft. Therefore I feel that the ball is in your court. The obligation is yours.
I don't care about the legality of it, or who stole what.

You owe it to your potential customers to find out - Is the Gee Bee R-3 a scale aircraft ?

> Jim
Old 12-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Ed

Old 12-19-2005, 01:11 PM
-JC-

Hi Jim,

The R3 would never be able to be entered in a scale contest. The plane never existed. That thing we are all clear about.

In order for any plane to be entered in a scale contest, a full size model must have existed. Just like the "Secret weapons of the luftwaffe" planes. There where a lot of designs on the drawing board that never reached production or prototype stage. These planes can also not be entered in a scale contest, no matter how many drawings exist.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Ed

ORIGINAL: Potawatomi13

I've seen Mircos designs in real life and know that he is working with an American firm(from my own personal contact) to build a full scale R3

Bill Kohler
But here is a guy claiming that a full scale R-3 is being built. Will it then be legal ?

> Jim
Old 12-19-2005, 01:24 PM
-JC-

Sure, if a full scale becomes available, the plane can be entered in a contest. (In fact, if you built a full scale Ugly Stick and flew it, all ugly sticks would become scale aircraft overnight )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.