Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

3 View drawings

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

3 View drawings

Old 05-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Joaopestanas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 View drawings

Anybody have 3 view drawings for cessna 182 S?
Old 05-08-2006, 02:15 AM
Leo

Default RE: 3 View drawings

Try this:
http://horac.fw.hu/rajzM_C.html
Old 05-08-2006, 07:27 AM
Joaopestanas

Thanks leo. I apreciate your atencion.
The drawings are good, however when I print them, they have a very bad definition.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:48 AM
clscale-RCU
My Feedback: (7)

www.bobsairdoc.com
Old 05-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Walter D
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joao, the views from the Cessna may come out with lines that are to thick but they are just fine to be used for scratch building, unless you are a purist! (Unless you want to use the 3 views for some other reason)
I'am finishing a Caudron Simoun scratch built from rubber plans, it is just a matter of using the outer part of the traced lines throughout the entire process, you will end up with a perfect model.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45118.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	458418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb88053.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	458419  
Old 05-09-2006, 11:21 AM
clscale-RCU
My Feedback: (7)

I have a real nice 3-view of the Caudron you are building. I also have an article in my magazine collection of the real Simoun that was flying in France years ago with color pictures....Great looking plane!

drop me a line if interested
Old 05-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Walter D

Fred, you have no idea how difficult it has been to get info on the Simoun, I would appreciate any pictures and info you might have on this beautiful airplane, I hope you can scan the pictures and/or articles on this great subject. Although I have downloaded just about everything on the web about this airplane, I am still missing quality pics, by all this what I mean is I'll take you up on your offer, thanks and be well!

Name:	Lj24135.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	458693  
Old 10-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Geoffinpdx
My Feedback: (5)

Hello, Walter,

I just came upon your message after doing just what you did, looking all over the internet for Simoun information! It's as if the French keep their aircraft secret! Did you build from the peanut scale plans that are posted on the net?

I have just ordered a book from France on all Caudron Renault aircraft, including the Simoun. It's "Les Avions Caudron Renault," Docavia #43, by Edouard Mihaly and Harry Robinson. I should have it by year's end, so if you're interested, let me know.

I hope to begin building a Simoun myself once I get the book.

Geoff Sanders
Portland OR
Old 10-21-2006, 09:09 AM
Walter D

Yes, I built mine from the Penaut Plans and let me tell you, they are pretty good as far as scale outlines go, the entire airframe on mine is finished, just finished making the wheelpants, next step is to put all the parts together, adjust fit, build the wing fairings and start covering and painting, it is one impressive airplane at 82" wingspan, and should look very nice, I will probably finish it in the light blue color of the Mail Carrier company, I've goofed off for most of the summer instead of working on it, it should've been done by now, please let me know how you like the book, best wishes, Walter.

Name:	Vt58487.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	545054  
Old 10-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Geoffinpdx
My Feedback: (5)

I agree that it is an impressive looking plane. Except for the somewhat awkward upper rear fuselage, it's good looking from any angle. Performance figures for the full scale plane are very impressive too! A service ceiling of almost 20,000 feet for a normally aspirated private plane! GASSSSP!!! And it appears that the 170hp version would duplicate Mooney's famous boast of one mph per horsepower. Dunno if the 220 horse version would, since I couldn't find speed at anything but sea level. Anyhow, a VERY advanced plane for its time, and performance-wise, still competitive today!

I'll probably go with the red/cream color scheme of the first Simoun that Antoine de Saint-Exupery had (F-ANRY) although I feel the azure blue scheme of the Air Bleu mail planes is prettier.

Joao, if you're still reading your hijacked thread, (Sorry!) I suggest copying the Cessna from the Hungarian site to a disc and having it printed on a laser printer. I got much better results that way.

Geoff