Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Cri Cri Worlds smallest twin

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Cri Cri Worlds smallest twin

Old 11-21-2006, 06:06 AM
tom czenthe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cri Cri Worlds smallest twin

Scatch built 102" wingspan, 2 Ryobi 31cc, 26lbs. After some twiddeling with the engines, the first flight went with some minor trim adjustment and to say the least it was spectacular to see the strange bird circle the field. It actually flyes very well and lands smooth as a trainer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43079.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	564257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19321.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	564258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag91103.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	564259  
Old 11-21-2006, 10:04 AM
LarryC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cri Cri Worlds smallest twin

Tom,

I recently saw a video of a guy doing aerobatics in a Cri Cri. It was surprising what it would do. It didn't look to be much larger than your model.

Larry
Old 11-21-2006, 06:12 PM
TFF

Hey your engines are bigger than the originals. just kidding. Here are some videos.

Tom

http://flight.cz/cricri/english/cri-...eos-movies.php
Old 12-15-2006, 01:13 AM
East RC

What is the wingspan of the full-scale? This one has to be arounf 1/2 scale.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:18 AM
GoldenAge

The full scale plane doesn't look much larger than yours One could probably buy the full scale and put radio gear in it and fly it as an RC model.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4833643/tm.htm

Scott
Old 12-18-2006, 10:29 PM
mgnostic

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts

There is, or at least was, a fullscale example in the Omniplex-Kirkpatrick Planetarium museum complex next to the zoo in Oklahoma City, OK. They have quite a nice collection of aircraft, engines and models. They have a Fokker triplane and a Nieuport 11 (I think) and a Curtiss Pusher along with more modern aircraft. The CriCri is a very small aircraft. Big ol' Boys need not apply. Some of the 30% scale aerobatic guys are running bigger props than this thing has. The fuselage looks like a very shallow aluminium bathtub. Most of the pilots body is underneath a relatively huge canopy. There is a small gas tank between the pilots knees. One could probably build a 99.99% scale model without too much difficulty. How many scale points is it worth if one uses the same engine as the original in the model? . I even seem to remember seeing in some avaiation magazine a full size example that was powered by four hobby sized turbine engines. With the engines just ahead of the cockpit the noise must have been incredible!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:32 AM
tom czenthe

There is a full size radio controlled Cri Cri. I saw it on one of the "LaFerte" videos from France. They also have a 200% Flying Flea............What next ???????
Old 09-06-2009, 09:26 AM
lordlozz1

Wow thats amazing, I was wondering if there is any examples of people owning small manned planes (i.e cri cri) being used asboth manned aircraft or for RC? I ask this because i have seen many manned aircraft smaller (at least in size) than some rc modles! I couldnt find that vid tom, do you know if it was also able to fly with a person in? Such a craft would look great at a show! perferable an rc show but could be shown in combined shows.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:30 PM
CRI CRI
My Feedback: (51)

I am waiting for the new flywheel and then she will be in the air again. I am shooting for the end of October. How are you doing
Old 09-15-2009, 06:14 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

There are more videos on YouTube. if memory serves, there is also a jet powered one using two model jet engines. Plenty of power.