Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Mammoth Scale Plans

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Mammoth Scale Plans

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 11:33 AM
JohnF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mammoth Scale Plans

Hi Guy's, Does anyone have any experience with these plans? Bob Holeman is selling them and I am interested in the Boeing F4B2. Any information will be appreciated. Cheers!
Old 03-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Homepylon
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mammoth Scale Plans

I built the Little Toot from Mammoth Scale Plans a few years ago. It was an enjoyable build. The plans are fairly easy to work from and the plane flew well. The only real problem I encountered was with the wing incidences. The plans have way too much positive angle. The first flight was quite interesting. Once the angles were reduced, the model turned into a real nice flier.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16976.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	648125  
Old 03-24-2007, 09:57 PM
destrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JohnF:

I too have built from these plans, a Cessna 180 in quarter scale. It was a very pleasant build and a really great flyer, didn't have to change a thing!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Oosiksmith
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John,

Please post pictures of your 180 if you have any. Was considering getting this kit.

ORIGINAL: destrat

JohnF:

I too have built from these plans, a Cessna 180 in quarter scale. It was a very pleasant build and a really great flyer, didn't have to change a thing!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:38 PM
destrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oosiksmith:

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the 180! It flew well on a G-38, and performed well with those big flaps. With the style of fuselage construction, it is well worth the effort to build a fixture to get the correct curve built into the fuse. This airplane is as tough as nails the way it is built. You might put a querry out to the Minneapolis area as I had sold it to a guy that has passed away, so I don't know who has it now, you might be surprised to get an answer!